AHaCaS Part 2

(I do not own the images above, or below.)
*************************************
As he looked upon the statues that had once been his brothers. He touched the cold stone, which at one tine had been warm flesh. They died because of him, because of whom he had given his heart. The king promised him, and his brothers, any virgin bride they desired within the kingdom. All in exchange for their protection. But the king reneged on the deal, when he had chosen the princess. But that did not stop him, from taking what was rightfully his.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cali was exhausted from jet lag, as she had flown eight hours from New York to Palermo, Sicily. Her Uncle Salvador, or Sal as she called him, had talked about Sicily's beauty for years. But now she was finally seeing it for herself. Uncle Sal had taken care of her ever since she was fourteen years old.

She was orphan, who had the misfortune of seeing her parents murdered at the mere age of six. Haunted by the memory of that horrible night. She remembered waking up in the middle of the night, hearing her mother cry out in terror. Wondering what was happening, she ran down stairs. To her horror, she saw a strange man point his gun and shoot both her parents dead.

"Mommy! Daddy!" She cried out, as the warm tears wept from her eyes. The man turned to look at her, as they both stared at one another in wide eyed terror.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." He said as tears weld up in his eyes, just as they had in hers. Police sirens could be heard, as the man promptly left her in his murderous wake. Cali just stood there, numb, as her parents dead bodies laid before her. She always remembered the man pointing his gun, and killing them. But the trauma was so great, she just couldn't recall his face.

After being moved from foster home, to foster home over the next eight years. Her Uncle Sal had just shown up out of the blue. He was a long lost great Uncle, from his father's side. She knew her father's family had come from Sicily, but this was the first time she had met any of them.

He was like guardian angel that saved her life. Most of the foster home that's she had lived in had been abusive, and the last one she had lived in was not any different. She thought her life was hopeless until he arrived. He not only rescued her form her horrible existence, but he paid for the best therapists to help her cope with the tragedies in her life.

Not only that but he paid for tutors, that helped her make her way through school. He even paid for college, where she majored in psychology and minored in music. True, the two majors really didn't go together, but she had always been told that she had a beautiful singing voice. Plus, she just always loved music.

After her plane had arrived in Palermo, she decided to rent a car. But as she made her way to her uncle's house, the jet lag was becoming too much. She stopped at a gas station along the way to get some coffee. Perhaps the fresh air would help as well. After she go her coffee, she went outside just to take in the atmosphere.

Even though she was at a small gas station, the countryside around her was still breathtaking. True, she liked living in New York, but just being away from the city could be quite relaxing once in a while. Without even realizing it, she began to sing.

She had to watch that sometimes, as she had a habit of just singing to herself completely oblivious to others. Often she wondered if she made a complete ass out of herself in front of total strangers. But then, all of a sudden, she had a strange feeling as if she was being watched. Maybe she was just being paranoid, but it felt creepy.

"Hello!" She shouted, but no one answered. As she made her way back to the car, she noticed a mysterious limousine quickly pull away. Everyone around her stared at the big black car as it drove away. All the people around her were talking, but since she didn't speak Italian, she had no idea what they were saying.