BCoWYW Part 10

(I do not own the picture above.)
**************************************
"What do you mean he's my real father?" She asked. Hope couldn't believe what she just heard. She had just found out about this man's existence a couple of days ago, a man who she thought was a long lost uncle. And now she's being told that this man is actually her father?

"Hope." John replied. "Let me explain."

"Yea, I think I would like to know what the hell you are talking about!" Exclaimed Hope. She was agitated to say the very least. In the past few days, her world had began to crumble around her. This was just the shit cherry, on the shit sundae, of everything that had occurred recently.

"Your maternal grandparents weren't having much luck conceiving." He explained. "So they decided to adopt. They had adopted a six month old boy, and named him Michael. Three months later your grandmother found out she was pregnant."

"So they couldn't have children of there own, but she got pregnant soon after adopting a child?" She asked.

"Believe it or not, that happens quite often." He told her. "Some theories are that once stress of trying to conceive is gone, it makes it a lot more possible. Other theories suggest that some woman can't conceive until they get older."

"So you're telling me that my mother had sex with her adopted brother?" She asked. "When?"

"It was a couple of months before your mother's wedding to Greg." He told her. "Greg had been away at college, and he hadn't been home in three months. That's how he realized that he couldn't possibly have been your father. Greg was the only man she had ever been with, except for that one night."

"Look!" Cried Hope. "I realize that the were not blood related, but they were still legally brother and sister. Why would my own mother have sex with her brother?"

Apparently Lois had cold feet about her upcoming nuptials to Greg, and she went to see he brother for some support, Michael, and Lois had too much to drink." He explained. "And, let's just say they ended up making some very bad decisions that night."

"Well that's putting it mildly." Hope quipped. "How do you know this?"

John sighed as he stood up from the couch. Once again he walked over to the filing cabinets, and took out some files. He then came back over, and handed her the folder. As she looked at it she couldn't believe her eyes. Inside was her birth certificate, and a DNA test. Both had confirmed that it was Michael Davenshire, not Greg Chamberlain, who was her biological father.

"I'm sorry Hope." He told her as he ad a genuine look of regret in his eyes. "I was going to wait to tell you, after things had calmed down after awhile."

Hope just stared at the documents. Now it all made since, why Greg was so cold to her. She had often suspected that he hated her, put this just added a lot more weight to that theory. But why was her mother so cold to her? And why did it look as though Greg loved her in the pictures that Michael had given her?

Michael! Oh my god, Michael! It was bad enough that I was attracted to him, when I thought he was my uncle! But now, I just found out that I had been attracted to my own father? My father, he's my father! It's probably the reason he skipped out on me, when I really needed him most. He didn't want me to find out the truth. What is wrong with this family?

"Are you alright Hope?" John asked.

"What you think!" She snapped. "I always knew they hated me, and now I know why!"

"I don't know what to say, except I'm sorry." He told her.

"You know what!" She cried. "To hell with their money! I want nothing to do with Greg, or Lois, or even Michael! I'm glad he's leaving for London tonight! I hope I never see him again! And I sure as fuck never want to see that damn bottle again!"