BCoWYW Part 13

(I don't own the picture above, or below.)
***************************************
"I don't understand!" Cried Hope. "How could she do that to me?"

"I suppose she did it because she loved you." He explained.

"What are you talking about?' Exclaimed Hope. "That doesn't even make any since!"

"You see, after Michael, Greg, and Lois stole my bottle from the museum." He began to explain. "Greg and Lois anonymously alerted the authorities, and framed Michael. Then while the Moroccan police where questioning Michael, Greg and Lois smuggled the bottle out of the country."

"Wait?" Hope inquired. "Why didn't Michael inform the police about my mother and Greg?"

"That I don't know." He replied. "We were out of the country by then. Anyway, when we reached the US, I was released from the bottle. Both Greg, and Lois were each guaranteed one wish. Greg had wished to be the sole winner of a lottery that had a grand prize of 500 million dollar."

"Greedy bastard!" She cried. "Not only did he have you steal money from the person who would have been rightful winner, but he was too greedy to share it!"

"You do please me very much, my dear." He said as he smiled at her. "Most people wouldn't have seen why such a wish would be morally corrupt. That's why a genie has no remorse about tricking people. But you my dear are very special, and unique. I had seen that in you, even when you were just a small child."

"What are you some kind of pedophile?" She asked as she was horrified by this revelation.

"No my dear, I promise I'm not." He told her. "Please let me explain. Lois, and Greg's marriage was in a lot of trouble. Even when she betrayed her own brother to prove her love, Greg could not get over the fact that you were no his biological daughter. He still felt betrayed. So Lois's wish was for the two of them to fall madly in love with one another. So I granted her wish, and it worked. They were once again a happily married couple."

"But what was her second wish?' Hope asked. 

The genie looked at her and sighed. "After they made their wishes, Lois's wish had effected them greatly. Love is a highly powerful emotion, They not only fell madly in love, they fell obsessively in love. There was so much emotional power behind it, that neither of them could love anyone else. This included you, it is why they grew colder towards you over the years. However, it was soon after she made the wish, that she found out you were dying."

"What do you mean?" Hope asked shocked, since no one had ever told her. "Nobody ever told me. W-what did I have?'

"It was a rare childhood leukemia."  He explained. "You wouldn't have made it to age three. All the money they had, and there was no doctor in the world who could treat you. Greg was still in possession of the bottle, he had to keep it hidden. After all, it was a stolen artifact. They couldn't let the world know about it. So your mother brought you before me."

"I don't understand!" Cried Hope. "If her wish made it so she was only capable of loving Greg, than why did she even give a damn?"

"It was before her love spell had taken full effect." He told her. "So at the time, she still did love you. She was holding you in her arms, crying and begging. I was actually touched. I think that was the first time someone had ever presented me, with an unselfish wish. I looked at the small child that was asleep in her arms.  You looked so peaceful, and so innocent. I guess I had never actually seen a child before. I looked into your future self, and into your soul. I saw a woman of great beauty. You were not only going to grow up to be a beautiful woman on the outside, but your inner beauty would bring it out tenfold. And I fell in love."