AHaCaS Part 29

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************

"I don't understand." The old man said as he kept pacing back, and forth. "He wasn't supposed to know. No one was supposed to know, especially Anton."  Gabriel was confused by the way the old man was acting. He was just pacing around the room, and talking to himself. He was acting as if Gabriel wasn't even in the room with him.

"I don't have time for these games, old man!" Gabriel cried out in frustration. "My sister, and Cali's lives are on the line!  What was no one, especially not Anton, supposed to know about?"

The old man looked at Gabriel, and sighed. "Who his parents were."

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thirty four years prior.....

"What's wrong doctor?" Antonio cried. "Why is her arm turning to stone?  She isn't a gargoyle, she's human!"

"I don't know!" Exclaimed the doctor. "But something is wrong!  I'm losing her." The doctor, and his internist, had been feverishly working to try and get her stabilized as much as possible.

The  princess had gone into labor. Vincent and Antonio had rushed her to the clinic. But on the way there, she started having complications. She was obviously becoming weak, and they both soon noticed that her right hand was slowly becoming rock solid. When they got to the clinic, she was rushed into an operating room.

"Hang in there, angel!" Antonio cried, as he held her hand. Vincent was surprised to see the tears that began to well up in Antonio's eyes. Or in actuality, the eyes of the gargoyle who had stolen Antonio's form. He had never seen the original Antonio, nor the gargoyle king, ever seem to care about anyone else but her.

The princess's eyes began to flutter, as she looked as though she were about to lose consciousness. The heart monitor was becoming erratic, and it seemed as though she was having trouble staying alert. It looked as though she was using all of her strength to barely whisper what she was trying to tell Antonio.

"Pl-please!" She barely cried.

"What is it my love?" Antonio asked her, as he continued to hold her still flesh hand. He was crying profusely, as she seemed to be getting weaker.

"Please!" She pleaded with tears in her eyes. "If you truly love me, promise me you'll take care of him. No matter what, please just promise me that you will always take care of our son."

"Of course, angel." Antonio cried. He then kissed the palm of her had, and began to caress it. All of a sudden, her face lost all emotion, and the heart monitor began to flatline. Antonio had a look of horror upon his face, as her inner light seemed to fade away from this world. Then with a look of disbelief on everyone's face, the princess had completely turned to stone.

"NO!" Antonio cried out, with a look of rage in his eyes. He began to roar in anger, as he soon turned into his original gargoyle form.  "MY ANGEL! MY SON!"

"I-I'm sorry." The doctor replied with a sad look upon his. "I wish there was more I could do."  Antonio stared down the doctor with burning rage.

"You want to know what to do?" Antonio angrily growled. "I'll show you what to do!"  He then grabbed the doctor, by the hair on the back of his head. The doctor screamed with a look of terror in his eyes, as Antonio grabbed a scalpel. With a look of determined anger, Antonio slit the doctor's throat. The doctor began making horrific gurgling noises, as his blood spilt out onto the stone princess. Antonio continued to hold the dying man over her, until he stopped making any sounds. Then just like that, he let go, as the dead body fell to the floor.