BCoWYW Part 14

(I do not own the pictures above, or below.)
****************************************
To say that Hope felt both confused, and terrified would have been an understatement. Fear griped her as the handsome, yet dark and brooding fairy, kept staring at her with wanted desire. However, his face soon turned cold, as he soon gave Michael an angry look.

"Why does she look upset?" He growled. "Why does she not feel pleased that I have chosen her, why does she not feel honored?" Michael's eyes soon widen, as a look a fear soon crept up upon his face.

"Pl-Please forgive me, my lord." Michael said as he bowed to the fairy king. "I did not have time to prepare her. She did not find out until just now."

"You were supposed to get close to her!" The fairy exclaimed in anger. "You were supposed to prepare her for her upcoming betrothal to me!" With burning rage in his eyes, he back handed Michael. Michael soon fell to the floor as he groaned in pain.

"Get up!" The fairy king ordered. Michael slowly made his way back up on his feet, as he soon began to nurse his injured cheek.

"Please forgive me my master." Michael said as he bowed. "But the genie, was able to manipulate her. He kept me from getting close to her. And I didn't get the dagger, or the bottle until today. There wasn't much of a window of opportunity, that would have given me the chance to explain it to her. I had to act when I did. The genie was about to get her to wish to be his forever. If I didn't strike when I did, it would have been too late."

"And it never occurred to you to wait awhile, before you decided to reveal your agreement with me?" The fairy king asked in anger. "You did it now, while she was still frightened by the genie?"

"Forgive me, master." Michael replied as he kept his head down. "But I had been waiting for my reward for the past sixteen years, I guess I couldn't wait much longer."

"Imbecile!" Exclaimed the angry fairy.

"What the hell is going on?" Cried Hope. Her body was trembling, as she could feel the warm tears running down her cheeks. After all the crying she had done for the last couple of days, she was surprised that her body didn't just dry up like a prune. She was beginning to feel dehydrated.

Both of them looked her way. Michael's facial expression hadn't changed, but the fairy king's softened.

"Please forgive me, my lady." He said as he bowed to her. He then gently took her hand, and kissed the back of it. "I can assure you this was not, how I had hoped our first meeting would be. I was hoping that you would be enthusiastic about the little arrangement made by your father, and me, not terrified by it. But apparently he decided to put his own selfish needs first. I hope you don't find the next thing that I am about to say, pretentious and meaningless. But it is enchanting to meet a woman of your beauty. Just because your father's foolish actions might very well have clouded your judgement of me, I can assure that my words are sincere."

"What arrangement?' She asked.

"Why don't you explained it to her?" The dark fairy said as he shot Michael an angry look.

"As angry as I was at you mother." Michael explained. "I never stopped loving her. She took my only daughter, my only child from me, and then betrayed me. But even then I couldn't stop loving her. More than anything I wanted us to be a family. But by the time I had escaped from that Moroccan prison, you were practically a woman. It was too late to be your father. So the only thing I wanted was Lois."

"No!" She cried. "I needed a father! It shouldn't have matter how old I got! I even thought you could be that person a few minutes ago! When did this all happen, how did it all go down?"