AHaCaS Part 13

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************
"Oh my god Gabe!" Rosy cried. "Look I'm sorry okay, but must you torture him for my mistake?  In fact, why must this place even exist?"

"Where do you think our family money comes from?" He asked. "You've lived in the lap of luxury for so long, but you never stopped to think about how we make our living. This was a world that neither one of us wanted to be a part of, but I had to avenge our parent's murder. Once I did that, there was forever blood on my hands. And there was no going back."

"But why did you do this to one of you own men?"  She cried. "Look I know the truth!  I know our money is blood money!  I know our livelihood is based on necessary evils. But I guess I figured that you only went after those who really did deserve to die. Or maybe that's just what I told myself."

"Well, I guess I am not the only one who lies to themselves." He replied, as he had a solemn look in his eyes.

She then looked over at Victor. He looked like a broken and beaten man, as he was continuously crying in obvious pain.

"Please Gabe." She pleaded with tears in her eyes.  "We both learned our lesson!  Please show him some mercy!"

"Well, if you insist." Gabriel replied. He then took out his gun, and aimed it at Victor's head. 

"No!" Both Rosalina, and Victor both cried in unison. She then shut eyes, and turned her head as Gabriel pulled the trigger.

Bang!

Trembling , her head turned back around, as soon as she heard the gun fire. She expected to see Victor lifeless corpse tied to the chair, but her eyes widened in disbelief.

Victor's eyes were closed shut, as he slowly opened them. He was still alive, but he looked just as surprised as she did.

"Now." Gabriel stated. "That was a warning shot, for the both of you. I missed on purpose."

"What?" Rosalina replied, as she felt completely dumbfounded. Gabriel then took his smartphone, and made another call.

"Send over some sort of medical transport to the warehouse." He ordered whoever answered his phone call. "Victor is in need of medical attention."  He then hung up. And stuck the phone back in his pocket, as if he just ordered pizza.

"What the hell Gabe?" Rosy cried.

"As you both know, there are two things I value most in this business." He explained. "Loyalty, and lessons learned. Victor called me as soon as he realized that you, and my little songbird, had left the restaurant by yourselves. Now he could have not called me at all, while searching for the two off you in the hopes of finding you. And he might have even gotten away with that. But he put yours, and my Cali's safety, above his own. That is a sign of true loyalty, and loyalty should always be rewarded. So I am letting him live."

"Then why have the living shit beat out of him?" She growled.

"Because both of you needed to learn a lesson." Gabriel explained. "He needed to learn not to fail me, and you needed to learn that there are consequences for your actions."

"I hate you so much right now!" She exclaimed as angry tears welled up in her eyes.

"I know." He replied with a look of regret. "But right now you're just angry, and your emotions are irrational. We are siblings, and no matter how angry we get, we will always love one another."

"NO!" She cried. "I loved my brother Gabe!  But just like you said, he died two years ago!  Tell me? Are you going to put on the same show for Calliope?"