BCoWYW Part 15

(I do not own the picture above.)
*****************************************
Hope awoke from a strange dream. Only to discover that it wasn't at a dream. To her horror, she looked around the strange bedroom. Most everything in the room was black. The only exceptions were the crimson red satin sheets, and the same shade of red for the stained glass windows. Except for there not actually being a terrifying giant pendulum clock, it reminded her of the dreaded ebony room from "The Mask of the Red Death".

She got out of the large bed, and made her way over to the windows. Well at least the room was illuminated, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to see. She never could have made her way around the room without some sort of light source.

Cautiously she pushed the window open, and let out a large gasp. All she could see was a dark vacuous void of nothingness, that was only illuminated by what appeared to be lightening and a roaring thunder. There was nothing below, but a whirlwind of dark matter that echoed from what seemed liked an endless void. Was she in a black hole, or worse? Was she in hell itself?

"It's a long way down, isn't it?" His husky voice whispered in her ear. She let out a fearful gasp, as he had startled her. As she turned around, she had almost lost her balance. It felt as though she was about to be sucked out into the endless void itself. But fortunately he grabbed her, and held her to him.

"Careful." He whispered, as he gave her a sly smile. "It's an extremely long way down."

"Where does it go?' She asked.

"Nowhere." He replied. "And everywhere, I guess it all depends on how you look at it."

"Well maybe you shouldn't have snuck up on me like that!" She cried in anger. "I almost fell out the window. I would have fallen to my death!"  He just looked at her, and laughed.

"I fail to see what's so damn funny!" She yelled.

"Below is an endless magical void." He replied. "You wouldn't fall to your death, you would just keep falling. But I'm a winged creature that can fly. I could easily find, and catch you."

"But this isn't some movie!" She snapped back. "Haven't you ever heard of terminal velocity? You'd break my neck if you tried to catch me in mid air like that!"

"But we are no longer in Earth's realm." He laughed. "We are in the enchanted realm. Physics does not apply here. And even a mortal, albeit a beautiful one as yourself, is immoral here. We cannot die."

"Where the hell are we?" She cried.

"In my royal bed chamber." He told her, as he continued to smile. "Where we shall conceive our many offspring."

"You're disgusting!" She groaned. "I know we're in a bedroom, in a castle somewhere, but where?"

"As I said before." He told her. "We are in an enchanted magical realm. It is a place of nothing, and a place of everything."

"Why do you have to answer me in riddles?" She asked in frustration. "Why must you be so cryptic?"

"Because there are no real human words to describe what this place is."  He explained. "All forms of magic exist here. This is the place where many Fae creatures dwell. Because man drove us out of Earth's realm millions of years ago. And when we do enter Earth's realm, we must hide in the shadows. Or we hide in areas that man cannot see."

"Why do you feel the need to hide in the shadows" she inquired.

"At one time, not too long ago, we were able to hide in the air and the sea." He continued. "But man has discovered, what you might call advanced technologies, throughout the centuries. You see man was supposed to remain innocent, and childlike. But man became dangerous as he sought knowledge that was forbidden to him. It is why he was exiled from what you know as Eden. It is what the Fae know as the magical realm, and both realms had once coexisted in harmony."