ItDoHCH Part 12

(I do not own the image above.)

Holly had absolutely no idea where he was taking her. But it felt like they were swimming at a rate of speed that she could hardly even comprehend.  As she looked at him, she couldn't help but smile. There was almost a childlike innocence in his expression. Like a young boy taking his best friend to show them his secret hiding place.

With that she closed her eyes, she nestled her head next to his shoulder. It was as if being next to him made her invincible, and she was terrified to let go of him. Eventually they began to slow down. As they did, she opened her eyes. Damor then looked at her and smiled. He then pointed, using the Trident, showing here where he wanted her to look.

Holly couldn't believe her eyes. It was a family of beluga whales, two adults and two adolescents.

They're incredible! She thought in amazement.

The male is Zeno, and the female is Zora. Damor told her. As Holly was in complete awe of the family of whales, the bigger one swam over to them. Damor reached out, and and touched it's head.

Hello old friend. Said Damor telepathically. Yes, this is the one I've been telling you about.

Holly could hear the whale response in her head, but she had no idea what it was saying.

Can you understand him?  She asked.

Yes. Said Damor.  Zeno says he's glad to finally meet you. He also says I'm very lucky. He thinks your beautiful, and that your outer beauty is only surpassed by your inner beauty.

He did not say that! Laughed Holly.

Oh I can assure you he most definitely did. Replied Damor as he smile back at her. Believe it or not, mermen are incapable of lying to their mates.

Okay, not I know you're lying about that. She replied with a smirk.

I swear to you, Holly. He replied. I will never lie to you. Even if I were capable, I wouldn't want to.

How is that even possible? She asked.

Long ago the mermaids had learned of how Zeus had treated his wife Hera, as well as his concubines. Damor explained.  So they begged Aphrodite, to bless their chosen mates with the gift to truth. Once a merman falls in love, he is incapable of lying to his bonded mate. However Octomaids did not make the same prayer. As a result the Cacaelians have had many mates, and are not forced to always be truthful to any of them.

Cacaelians? Holly asked. Octomaids? What are you taking about?  I don't understand.

Those men, who attacked your boat. He told her. The Octomen, their race are called Cacaelians. Just as I am the last of my kind, they are the last of theirs.

You mean the ones that attacked my father's boat? She cried. The ones that killed my my father, his crew, my mother, stepmother, and brother, that's what they're called?

Holly began to cry. She could still see the look of sadistic joy, on the face of the one, that made her watch him violently murder James. She didn't know what he desired more, her?  Or watching the blood that he had spilled from James, as he helplessly died an excruciatingly painful death.

Damor held her close to him, as she cried on his shoulder.

When they attacked the ship. She began. Right before they killed my mother, she asked what they wanted. He said he wanted for me to bare his young. But I don't understand, what wouldn't they want Alicia?  Why would they just want me? What's so damn special about me?