ItDoHCH Part 23

(I do not own the picture above.)
*********************************************
One year later:
Holly and Damor laid next to one another, with their newborn twin daughters nestled in between them. 

"A pair of beautiful mermaids." Damor remarked with a smile. "As beautiful as their human mother."

"And as strong, and heathy, as their Atlantean father." Replied Holly as she returned his smile. "A perfect mixture of children of the land, and of the sea."

"Like us." Said Damor as he place a kiss upon Holly's forehead. He couldn't help but marvel at the new precious life that the two of them had created, a true creation out of love. It had been a long time since he had seen an infant Atlantean, so their births were truly a miracle.

"Have you thought of any names?" Holly asked.

"I thought of three ." He replied. "If you like them, then you can help me decide. Or if you have other names, I of course am open to other options. I was thinking Alliea, for my sister. Alicia for your stepmother. Or, Vivian for your biological mother. I know you were closer to Alicia, but your biological mother was responsible for your existence. Even though I never met her, I will always be grateful for that. And as you said, she did stick up for you in the end.

"Well." said Holly. "It is usually a human custom to give out children middle names. So how about Alliea Vivian, and Alicia Zora?  It's the least we could do since Zora had us name her children."

"Perfect." Replied Damor. "And if we ever have boys, we can use the names Roger, James, and Zeno."

"Umm..Let's just let these two grow a little bit first before we start along about having more." She laughed. "I just hope they will understand that mommy isn't going to be as amphibious as the rest of you."

"Don't worry." Said Damor. "We'll teach them about land dwellers, and sea dwellers, and how there is good in all of us. We'll teach them about where we both came from, and the people who helped shape our lives."

Tears began to well up in Holly's eyes.

"What's wrong my love?" He asked with a look of concern.

"It's just not fair."  she replied. "Here I have two beautiful baby girls, and they will never know their family. They'll never know the joy of my father's love, or Alicia's, or James, or Alliea's, or even my mother's. And how am I supposed to explain Alicia, I don't even know if she's alive. They'll never know any of them."

"But they will know of them." He replied. "We are going to share with them, all the information about our different family members."

"All of them?" Holly asked. "What about their cousins?"

"That may be something we might have to save for later." He replied with a look of worry upon his face. Holly was afraid of the look upon his face. She knew exactly what was bothering him. It was bothering her as well.

"What if he escapes from Tartarus, and comes back?" Holly asked. "What if he comes after me again?  What if he comes after them. He won't let the fact that they're his cousins bother him. I mean if he was willing to rape his own mother?  Then what would stop him from-?"

Holly burst into tears, as she couldn't even finish the sentence. The very thought of what that monster was capable of horrified her.  Tears welled up in Damor's eyes, as he securely held his family in a loving embrace.