BCoWYW Part 4

(I do not own the picture above.)
Hope had taken a cab to the restaurant. She had to admit, that she was looking forward to spending time with her uncle. Perhaps she could now make up for lost time, with the family she never knew. As she entered the restaurant, she informed the maître d' that her uncle was meeting her there.

"Ah yes." Replied the maître d', "Mr. Davenshire is already here, I will escort you to his table."  As he showed her to the table, her eyes met her uncle's. He smiled as his face lit up, as she walked towards the table. He then stood up, made his way over to her, and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"You look beautiful." He told her as he continued to smile.

She couldn't help but blush, as a part of her wished that they weren't related.

"Thank you." She replied. "You don't look so bad yourself."

"Coming from you that is quite the compliment." He replied.

"May I mademoiselle?" The maître d' asked as he pulled out her chair for her.

"Please." She replied. She then sat down at the table, as he uncle did the same.

"I hope you're hungry." Her uncle said. "The food here is excellent."

"I've never been her before." She replied. "I really don't know much about this town. I'm usually only around for Christmas break, and I never really leave the house."

"Didn't Greg, and Lois take you out at all?" He asked with an inquisitive look upon his face.

"No." She replied with a feeling of sadness. "They were always too busy for me. Even when I was home for break, they pretty much just ignored me. They just bought me a bunch of expensive junk in the hopes of keeping me occupied. But they didn't. All those inanimate things were cold and unfeeling, just as my parent were towards me."

He looked at her with sympathy.

"I'm sorry to hear that." he told her.  "All I can tell you is that the Greg, and Lois, I knew loved you very much. They had changed after we got back form Morocco.  They pretty much just shut everyone they loved out of their lives. For some reason, that included you."

"Sometimes that happens when people come into vast amount of money all at once." She replied.

"But it was before they won the money." He replied.

"Look, I know you say that you have memories of them loving me." She told him. "But I have none. And they told me that they only reason I was born, was because they didn't believe in abortion. Because of me, they had to get married."

"Then they lied to you." He told her. "It's true that Lois became pregnant with you before they got married, but they were already engaged. And even though they were terrified, they couldn't wait for you to be born."

"I don't suppose you have proof." She said. He then looked at her, and smiled.

"Actually, I have some proof in this valise." He replied, as he opened the small bag that was on the chair next to him. He then pulled out a photo album, and handed it to her.

As she opened it, tears welled up in her eyes. It was full of pictures of a baby girl, who she assumed was her, and her parents.  There were even pictures that featured the three of them with her uncle, or some of just her and her uncle. They all looked like such a happy, and loving family.

"Oh my god." She cried. "They never saved any baby pictures of me, I had no idea. I thought they always hated me."

He reached out, and laid his hand upon hers, and gently rubbed it with his thumb. Her uncle then let out a strong sigh.