ItDoHCH Part 3

(I do not own the pictures presented above, or below.)
**********************************************************
Holly looked at Alicia, and smiled. They then shared a caring embrace, as Holly whispered in her ear.

"And your not marrying my father would have been a bad thing."

"Well isn't this a cute little picture." A voice snapped. Holly and Alicia broke their embrace, only to see Vivian staring back at them. She had an angry look of judgment upon her face, while holding a full glass of champagne.

"Mother, please I—," Holly begged.

"Oh don't give me that mother crap!" Vivian scoffed. "Your manipulative tactics may work on your father, and his little play thing in the guise of a wife. But they don't work on me. You made your choice along time ago, along with your father and your brother. I served my purpose, I'm not needed anymore. I could never give you the things your father's money could. First this gold digging harlot stole your father, and then she turned you and your brother against me. No wonder you're turning out to be a money grubbing whore just like she is. Your just like her."

"Well I'd rather be like her than cocaine snorting lush!" Cried Holly. She was in complete shock by what she had just said. Even though what her mother had just said to her was hurtful, Holly couldn't believe the words that had just come out of her mouth. Even though she knew she had every right to be angry at her mother, it still hurt to see the look of devastation on her mother's face.

"So now the truth is out about how you really feel about me." Her mother replied as angry tears came to her eyes.

"Mother I'm—," Holly began.

"Save it!" Spat Vivian. "You've made your choice about who your real family is. Don't worry, after tonight none of you will ever see me again."

Holly began cry as Alicia put her arms around her, and let the poor girl cry on her shoulder. She then shot Vivian an angry look.

"You know what Vivian!" Cried Alicia. "For years I felt guilty because of my affair with Roger. Even though I love him and his children, a part of me felt like I didn't deserve any happiness because of how it all came to fruition. So I never said anything whenever you insulted Roger, or me! But I do want to thank you for opening my eyes this very moment, and showing me that I had nothing to feel guilty about. I'm not going to stand by, and let you insult Holly like this. If you can't be a mother, and stand up for her when she needs it most, then I will. I don't care if I am only ten years older than her, or what anyone thinks. I have always tried to encourage Roger into letting you be a part of James, and Holly's lives. But no more! If this is the last night we will ever see again, than I say good riddance!"

"Bitch!" Snapped an angry Vivian. "And that goes for both of you! You can have my unfaithful husband, and my ungrateful spawns. I don't give a damn about any of them." She then tossed back her the rest of her champagne, and threw the glass over the side of the boat. Vivian then stormed off, as she began to stumble away. She had obviously had too much to drink.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Said Alicia, as she continued to comfort Holly. "I know it might not have been my place. But I love you all so much. I just couldn't let anyone, even your own mother, hurt my family that way."

"I understand." Holly replied as she started to wipe away her tears. "I'm glad you're in my father's life, and both James and I love you very much. So I'm no wanting my parents to be married. But I just wanted her to be a part of my life."

"I know." Replied Alicia. "Right now everyone is angry, and unfortunately it's on a night that we should be celebrating. If it's any conciliation, she was angry because she's jealous. I doubt she would be that jealous, if she didn't love you. She needs help, maybe this is the wake up call she's been needing all of this time. Maybe after a good nights sleep we can all talk about this—,"