HTW Part 8

While Zoe, and Angela waited in the car. Scott, and Bobby went searching for Cara. As they kept looking around, Scott was carrying around the flashlight to help look their way through the dark Bayou.

"CARA!!", yelled Scott.  But there was no response.

"Where the hell can she be?" Asked Bobby, as he stared shaking his head. "I don't like this. I don't like this at all."

"Well she's got to be around somewhere." Replied Scott.

"But were close to the Bayou, and it's the middle of the night." Said Bobby. "What if she was attacked by a snake, or an alligator?"

"Please don't say that!", said Scott. "I don't even want to think about it. I mean Alan went missing, and now Cara is missing too. True, Alan pissed me off when he told Angela how I feel. But I want him to be safe, as well as Cara."

"Well," Bobby began, "I'm sure we'll find them. Come on, let's keep looking." 

They continued to search around in the dark, until Scott noticed something laying on the ground. Cautiously they made their way over, and were horrified by what they found. It was the corpse of a man covered in cobwebs. But whatever was left of him had been devoured form the inside out. Then to his horror, Scott recognized the clothing.

"Oh my god!!!" He cried. "It's Alan!!!"

"No!", cried Bobby, "It can't be!" He came over right away. His eyes grew wide, as he threw his hand over his mouth to keep from screaming.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!", Bobby cried. "How the hell did this happen? Isn't that what Angela said happened to the old lady at the gas station?"

"Maybe we should go back to the car." Said Scott.

"What about Cara?" Asked Bobby.

"I don't know." Replied Scott. "But I feel like we should check on the girls."

"Hey! What's going on?" They heard a voice shout. Bobby, and Scott, turned around and saw Angela standing right behind them. The light from her smartphone was pointed  at them.

"Angela!" Cried Scott. "What are you doing here? We wanted you guys to wait in the car."

"I know." Said Angela. "But we were getting anxious. I told Zoe to wait in the car. I saw the light from your flashlight, and made my way over." She then looked towards the ground where Alan's dead body was laying.

"What's that?" She inquired.

"Angela!", cried Scott. "Don't, don't look at it!" He tried to stand in front of her, but it was too late. Angela's eyes widened in terror as she saw the corpse right in front of her.

"Oh my god! Alan!" She cried. "That's-that's how I found the old lady!" She burst into tears, as Scott threw his arms around her. As she buried her face in his chest, she gripped his shirt lapel. Angela continued sobbing profusely as Scott starting rubbing her back, trying to calm her down. She then looked into Scott's eyes.

"Did you find Cara?" She asked.

"No." Scott said giving a somber reply. "We don't know where she is."

"What if she's dead?" Cried Angela. "Like Alan, or the old woman?"

"You can't think like that." Said Scott.

"We'll find her, alive." Said Bobby, "Okay?"

"But what if—?" She began to say. All of a sudden the car horn started honking.

"Maybe Cara returned to the car." Said Bobby. "Or maybe a motorist came by, and offered to help. We should head back, and see what is going on."

"There, you see." Said Scott. "Everything is going to be okay." Angela continued to cry.