AHaCaS Part 4

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************
The princess was nervous, as she continued impatiently waiting for her father to return. Even though he had declared war on the gargoyles, because their king had forced himself upon her, she couldn't help but feel remorseful . Should an entire species pay for the evil done by it's king? If her father had preformed such a heinous act, would his people deserve to suffer? At that moment, the door to her bedchamber swung open, and there her father stood. He was a bloodied, beaten, and a broken man.

"Father!" She cried as he dropped to the floor, "W-what happened?" Quickly she went to him, as he laid there suffering. He looked weak, as he seemed to be moaning in agony. She knelt down, and cradled his head in her lap. As she looked down at him, her tears began to rain upon his battle weathered face.

"M-my daughter." He cried in obvious pain. "I-I have avenged your honor. The beast-the beast is dead."

"All of them father?" She asked. "Why, when only one hurt me?  Why did they all have to suffer? Especially, after what they had done to protect our kingdom?"

He struggled to talk, but before he even had a chance, the angry beast came through her window. The princess screamed in terror, as the monster roared. The gargoyle king stood before them, with burning rage in his eyes!

"You!" Exclaimed the king. "H-how?"

"It seems that in your murderous rampage to slay my brothers, and me." He began "You forgot to make sure your that your mission was actually completed! One gargoyle is still alive!  One angry, vengeful, gargoyle!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As Gabriel called his sister, he was feeling elated. The songbird was his, and with her uncle's life in the balance, he knew she would be cooperative. Not only had he found the woman of his dreams, but he would be able to shape her into the perfect wife and mother. And in time, she would soon grow to love him.

"Hello?" His sister answered.

"Rosalina!" Gabriel exclaimed. "It's your favorite brother."

"Um, you're my only brother." She replied.

"Well yes, I know that I am you only brother." He said.

"Oh, please." She scoffed. "That one is older than time itself."

"Okay, I admit that is a lame cliche." He replied. "I suppose I cannot help but act a little giddy at this moment."

"Well somebody woke up on the annoying side of the bed this morning." she laughed.

"Guess what sister dear?" He replied. Ignoring her smart ass quip.

"Oh do pray tell, what?" She asked being obviously both playful, yet patronizing.

"Your payers have finally been answered." He told her. "Your older brother is finally settling down. I'm getting married!"

"You're what?" She exclaimed. "When, how? I didn't even know you were dating anyone!"

"Perhaps there's more to me than you know." He responded. He looked over at his songbird, who had a shocked look upon her face. He gave her a quick wink and smiled at her. Anton on the other hand had his usual stoic expression. Nothing seemed to ever get a rise out of him, which is why he was perfect at what he did.

"Well, who-who is she, were's she from?" Rosalina asked, sounding extremely confused.

"Well, she's from New York, and her name is Calliope Russo." He told her, "But everyone calls her Cali for short. I on the other hand, call her my songbird, because she has the voice of an angel. And I don't know how much you know about Greek mythology, but Calliope was—"