AHaCaS part 10

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************
As the princess looked into the gargoyles eyes, she dropped the sword. He had won. There was noting else left for her, only her unborn child. Even if her son was not to be a human, she would still be his mother. She would still love him.

"What happens now?" She asked as she trembled before him. He looked at her, and smiled. He then gently placed his hands upon her shoulders.

"Don't be afraid my love." He said as he tried to give her a reassuring smile. "We're going to find a new kingdom. One in which our son shall reign as king."

"And where might that be?" She asked.

The gargoyle king laughed. "Not where my dear, when. We are going somewhere ahead in time. A time in which mankind, will no longer remember that gargoyles were real living beings."

"How?" She asked in confusion.

"You see my dear." The gargoyle king began to explain. "Not all gargoyles, that have turned to stone, were always ones that had died. A gargoyle can also turn to stone, if he willingly slumbers for hundreds of years. That my dear, is what we shall do."

"But I'm not a gargoyle!" She exclaimed. "I cannot do that!"

"But the child growing inside of you can." he explained. "You will be able to do so through both of us."

A wicked smile grew upon his face, as he proceeded to rip off her clothes.

"What are you doing?" She cried, as she was completely horrified by what he had just done.

"Now, now my dear." He replied with the same wicked smile. "We cannot exactly have clothing on a statue, now can we?"

"I'm frightened!" She cried.

"Do not worry my love." He whispered. "I shall hold you close to me the whole time. And when we wake up, it'll feel as though we just had a good night's sleep."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cali couldn't believe her eyes. Standing over her was a gargoyle that had just rescued her. There he was in all his glory, coming to save her, just as she always hoped one would. She was in complete awe, as she reached for him. He looked at her puzzled, as if he wasn't expecting that sort of reaction.

He bent down, and gently scooped her up into his arms. She began to tremble, but not from fear. The air was chilly, and the dress that Rosalina had picked out for her left little to the imagination. The gargoyle sighed as he used his wings as a cape to cover her, and keep her warm.

"Why were you, and your friend, in a dark alley by yourselves?" He asked. "Even Parisian alleyways are not safe at night."

"We were-" she started to say. "Oh my god! Rosalina! Where is she? I have to find her!"

"I saw her get away." He told her. "I also saw her take out her phone. My guess is she's calling for help. I will stay with you, until it arrives."

"But, I thought you had come to take me away?" She replied. "I thought you came to save me?"

"I did save you." He replied. "But why would a woman like you, want to be with a beast like me?"

"But you're not a beast." She replied. "You're beautiful." She had never felt so warm, so safe, or so secure before in her life. She then reached up, and gently touched his face. Cali could feel the tears well up in her eyes, yet they were tears of joy. As she stared into his glowing blue eyes, she felt as though she was getting lost in a dream. But he just stared at her in confusion.

"Beautiful?" He replied, as he furrowed his brow. "Do you not find me hideous, as most humans's do? Do you not fear me as well? For it was not my intention for you to see me.