HTW Author's Notes

So as I have stated before when I come up with a story I have a Point A (the beginning), and a Point B (the ending), I usually have a general idea for the plot. But as I write it all comes down to finding a way to get from Point A to Point B.

Some writers do outlines, but I enjoy writing as more of a journey. I like to discover the story along the way. But sometimes in doing so the story evolves, and can even change along the way. This was one of those times where Point B had changed drastically along the way.

Originally Scott was not going to betray Angela, and was not going to be related to the drider king. He was going to try and rescue her. But upon doing so, she was going open her eyes. He was then going to be horrified to discover that they were solid red. After the realization that he was too late, he was going to run. However he was going to be captured by the drider king.

Scott when then wake up to have Angela, Cara, and Zoe hover over him as Cara and Zoe had done to Bobby. Under their spell, Scott would have eagerly engage in the foursome. Afterwards they would have eaten him, just as Cara and Zoe had eaten Bobby. Then Angela would have happily chosen the drider king as her mate.

But thanks to reader Gigi-work. I was reminded that Black widows eat there mates. Although I did know that, I had originally decided that the forms they took was not going to have anything to do with their actions as driders. However I thought the idea of them giving into their darker urges as black widows made a much more interesting story. 

It ended up as sort of a poetic justice where the tables are turned on the male villains. Also it helped me come to the realization that main female characters of my stories are not the victims. In fact they are the ones that have all of the power. Plus, because of the last story ended, I didn't necessarily want the ending to be so obvious. I do enjoy taking the reader on a roller coaster ride.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it.

Stay tuned for the next anthology story!!!

In the Depths of His Cold Heart

DISCLAIMER!!!!!! I do not own these photos!!!!