HTW Part 6

As Bobby and Scott were still trying to figure out what happened to the car, the three girls stayed close together. Zoe looked at Cara, and Angela. Both of them seemed to have far away expressions on their faces.

"Are you two alright?" Zoe asked. Cara looked at her with the a perplexed facial expression.

"Really Zoe?" Cara snapped. "You know I love you, but that's a stupid question. We're trapped in the dark, in the middle of nowhere. Some fucked up shit happened to the car. Angela saw the dead body of a murder victim, who by the way, kicked us out of her place a few hours ago. Plus, I not only just ended my ten year relationship with my boyfriend, but he's wondering around in the dark somewhere!  I mean I'm pissed at him, but I'm terrified for his safety right now. So, to answer question. No!  We are not alright!"

"I know, Okay!", Zoe snapped back, "I'm sorry! But I'm scared too. None of us knows what the hell is going on. I don't like it here!  I want to go home!  There's just something eerie about all of this. But I guess I'd rather make some sort of dumbass small talk, then look at everyone in silence. I'm frightened enough as it is!"

Zoe began to cry, as Cara looked at her and sighed.

"I'm sorry to." Said Cara. "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. But my nerves are on edge."

"I think all of our nerves are on edge." Said Angela.

"I know." Said Cara. "I just had a horrible fight with Alan, and then flushed ten years of my life down the toilet. The last thing I need is to cause a rift between the three of us."

"It's going to be alright." Said Angela. "If worse comes to worse, the five of us can just sleep in the car. My guess is that this road my be more active during the day. If not, than at least we will be able to see better in the morning. It'll be easier to find some help tomorrow."

"But what about our plane?", asked Cara. "We're supposed to leave tomorrow. What if we miss it?"

"Well.", said Angela. "I'll call my parents. Or we can all call our parents. I'm sure they'll wire us some money."

"I suppose." Cara sighed, "I just hope Alan is okay."

"I'm sure he is." Angela replied as she was smiling. But the truth was she was terrified. There was a obviously a murderer on the loose, and the five of them were trapped alone on a dark dirt road. She didn't know what they were supposed to do.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alan, whose mind and body was now under the complete control of the tarantula that had captured him, looked in the rear view of the police car. A smile appeared upon his face as he looked at his reflection. The tarantula fangs were embedded in Alans neck, enabling him to take control of his victim's mind. But just like the officer, eventually all of the fluid in Alan's brain would be drained. Which meant that there wasn't much time before this puppet would no longer be operational. He looked down at the corpse of the police officer, whose body was still in the front seat of the police car.

"Thank you for the lift, Officer." He said sounding rather amused with himself, "Your service has been greatly appreciated, but it is no longer needed. Now if you will excuse me, I have a date with an angel. It seems that the previous occupant, of my new human puppet, hasn't been treating her right lately. But once I get a taste of her blood. I will no longer be a spider. Like my master, I will become a drider. And I will satisfy her deepest, and darkest desires that no human man ever could. When I am done with her, she'll be begging me to fuck her, and I will gladly comply."

+++++++++++++

Bobby, and Scott, were still trying to figure out what happened to the car. If it had just been a flat, they could have tried to drive on it. But the tire had not only blown out, it was practically shredded.