AHaCaS Part 28

I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************

Gabriel returned to his home. He had been flying around most of the day looking for Cali, and Rosy. Where the hell could they be?  He was terrified that someone had abducted them, or maybe they were actually able to get away. He couldn't, he just couldn't lose his songbird or his sister.  He loved them both too much. Yet deep down he knew is was all his fault. He shouldn't have gone ahead with his plan, he should have just let the bastard rot in jail. A thinking person might have done that, but the beast inside him just couldn't let it go.

All of a sudden, his phone rang. Maybe Anton, or some of his other guards, had found them? However, the number that flashed on screen was from an unknown caller. Who the hell could this be?  He wondered. Normally he wouldn't bother to answer such a call. But with Cali, and Rosy missing, he couldn't just ignore any possible leads.

"Hello!" Gabriel answered his phone.

"Hello Gabriel." The person on the other end replied in a smug tone.

"Anton?" Gabriel inquired. He was taken aback by Anton's attitude. Not only that, but he had never called him Gabriel before, he always referred to him as Mr. Esposito. But he decided to let it slide, this time. All he cared about was finding his sister, and his songbird. "Why are you calling me from an unknown number?"

"Because I don't want you to be able to track me." Anton told him. "I don't want you to find me. Well, at least not yet."

"Anton!" Gabriel growled. "I am in no mood for games right now!"

"Oh I'm sure you're not." Said Anton. "But we're going to play one anyway. See, I found what your looking for, they are now in my possession. And if you don't want anything bad to happen to your pretty little songbird, or the spoiled little mafia princess, then you will do exactly as I say."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Gabriel angrily exclaimed. "Why would you betray me like this? So help me Anton, if you harm either one of them you motherfucker, I'll—!"

"You'll what?" Anton snapped back at him. "If you want to see either one of them alive again, you will do exactly as I tell  you! And by the way, there's much more at stake now. That surprise news, that Cali was going to share with you—she's pregnant. Congratulations, it's a girl!"

"What?" Gabriel exclaimed, completely shocked by what Anton had just informed him.

"I believe you heard me the first time." Anton replied. "So keep in mind. It's not just the two most important women in your life, whose lives are hanging in the balance, it's three!"

"What do you want?" Gabriel cried as he began to panic. "I'll do whatever you ask. I just want them back safe, and sound."

"Is that the great, and terrible, Gabriel Esposito begging me over the phone?" Anton with sarcasm in his voice. "My you do sound pathetic! I will send a message in one hour. One that will remind you, just how serious I really am. I suggest you get home, as soon as possible. After all, you wouldn't want to miss it.  Oh, and don't call the police.  Even though you do seem to own them, I know you're not that stupid."

With that, Gabriel heard the phone click. Hot tears began to run down his face, as he began to seethe with rage. How could he be so stupid? His songbird was coming to tell him that she was pregnant. But he not only robbed her of that joy, he did it by showing her what a true monster he actually was.

"ANTON!" He cried out in anger. It took all of his restrained not to just smash his phone on the ground. But anger, and not thinking clearly was what got him into this mess. His anger, and his desire for vengeance might have ended up costing him the love of his love, his sister, and his unborn daughter. He couldn't let that happen, he had to save them. Gabriel was determined to do whatever ever he had to do. He loved them so much, he would gladly die for them, or even more difficult—let them go.