BCoWYW Part 7

(I don't own the picture above.)
****************************************
Hope grabbed the sheets off the bed, and ran them down to the living room. She turned on the big gas fireplace, and threw them in once the fire began to ignite. As she sat in front of the fireplace, she held her knees to her chest. She watched as the sheets were being consumed by the roaring flames.

What have I done? She thought as tears welled up in her eyes. Hope just sat there, and watched the flames completely engulf the evidence. Her uncle was right, the bottle was evil, but she wondered if he knew about the genie. It seemed like he was going to expand upon that at dinner, but John had interrupted.

Hope's full attention was concentrated on the fire. She watched until there was nothing left of the sheets. Perhaps setting them on fire was a bit extreme, but washing them would have been pointless anyway. There was no way that the stain could wash out, and even is it did, she would always know that it there. She just could never bring herself to sleep on those sheets ever again, anyway.

After turning off the fireplace, and making sure she had completely put out the fire, she went back up to her room. She looked at the bottle on the nightstand. She went over and picked it up, as she studied it closely. Anger, and rage soon built up in side of her.

"Rapist bastard!" She cried. As she threw the bottle across the room. It hit the wall, before hitting the floor. But to her surprise, it didn't shatter into a million pieces. As she made her way over, she couldn't believe her eyes. How could something so fragile, and delicate still be in one piece?

Hope burst tears, not knowing what to do. She then went over, and picked up the bottle. Hope carried it to the study, that doubled as her father's office. She took down a giant picture of a meadow, that was hiding the wall safe. She then placed the bottle in the safe, slammed the door shut, and locked it. she had no idea what the combination was, but it didn't matter, she never wanted to ever see that bottle ever again!

The safe was actually unlocked, because it had never really been used. In fact, as she looked back on her life, it was almost as if no one ever really lived in this house. But a lot of it had to do with the fact that her parents traveled a lot, and were never really home. The rare times that her parents were home, during her Christmas break, they hardly ever noticed her existence.

They rarely talked to her, and instead of a kiss or a hug goodbye, it was mostly a smile with a nod of acknowledgement. A couple of years ago, they had thrown a Christmas Ball. She remembered putting on airs, and pretending to be a close nit family. That was probably the most time she had ever spent with them, and she and her father even danced together. But most of the night was just a sad reminder, that it was all just an illusion so her parents could impress people of high society

But that was the party where she met her father's lawyer, John. She remembered how handsome her was, and how kind he was to her. While most of the party guests including her own parents, seemed to ignore her, he actually came to talk to her. He even asked her to dance.

She remembered being in his strong arms, and how safe and perfect it felt. But at the time, he was twice her age, so she knew nothing could ever come of it. However, if she had allowed herself, she could easily have fallen in love with him. But in all likelihood, that was probably true of any woman who came in contact with him.

She remembered all of the women at the party practically throwing themselves at him. Even the married ones, and the ones who came with dates, were also trying to get close to him. Every woman except her own mother, as she seemed to avoid him most of the night. Well, at least that meant that her parents loved each other, even if they didn't love her.

But then her father had to ruin everything, after she and John finished their dance. Her father immediately told her that it was way past her bedtime, and and told her to go to bed. She was sixteen, not six. But she begrudgingly left the party feeling completely embarrassed. She couldn't even look at John. Well, if he didn't notice how much younger she was then him before, he did at that moment.