Chapter 3

"Have you heard? At night there is a rumour of people disappearing!"
"Eh??! That sounds scary."

I unintentionally overheard the conversation and smiled.
Of course, the person behind that is me. I have been "grinding" ever since. And my Rank is now D.

I am also the one who spreads the rumour to lure the knights and people who act like a hero. They give the most experience and is the perfect target.

All I have to do is act like a lost child and DONE! They easily fall into my trap.

I pull my hood over my head and walk into an alleyway.

I can sense people following me...10 of them...slave traders huh. They go around the kingdom to find homeless children and sell them as slaves... hmm I have never killed one though. How much exp do they give?

At a turn, I quickly hide in a blind spot.

"What the- where did that brat go?"
"Boss, what do we do?"

The buffed guy with a scar on his left eye clicks his tongue and turn arounds.
"Let's leave-"

I attack him from behind with a dagger and he blocked it!

"Boss!!"

His subordinate swings his sword at me but I use his body as a launch and did a backflip to dodge the attack.

I was planning to at least kill one of his subordinates but all of them are very coordinated. Each attacking after another, leaving me no chance to retaliate.

"Tch"
For the first time, I back off.

"This kid-"

But...this is thrilling!!!
I smile and dash at one of them.
He tries to block my attack but too bad! He is too slow.

"AH!"

Each of them perishes one by one. All by me slitting their throat. But what I'm curious about is. Why isn't their "boss" doing anything? He is just staring at me like a fucking idiot.

"Fall back." He finally says.

The remaining 2 steps back and the boss steps up now.

An intense aura and pressure overwhelmed me...OH GOD, I CAN'T WAIT TO KNOW HOW MUCH EXP I WOULD GET OUT OF KILLING HIM!!!

HAHAHA, I'M SO EXCITED!!

The boss stops and stares at me. I'm still smiling intensely and my breathing has become so unstable one might think I'm a pervert.

"This brat..."He mumbles.

He cracks his knuckles and charges at me.
*BAMM*

That punch was intense... I barely dodged it by stepping aside as a stream of blood flows from the cut I received.
I use that chance to stab him but the dagger's blade broke.
His skin is too hard.

"I see...Iron defence and lighting steps huh..."

The boss and the two subordinates look surprised.

Do you really think I don't know the skills that you used? Naive.

I raise my fist and channel my mana.
The boss steps back immediately as if by instinct, however, he is too slow. I use the same skill, lighting steps and it is faster than he is.

"Wha-"

With just one punch to the face, the boss is flung to the wall and crashed through it.

"Boss!!!!"
"*COUGH* *COUGH* R-Run...this brat...is a monster."

"...I-I'm sorry! Boss!!"

And they ran...aww free exp is gone. Well not like I'm gonna let that go, I will deal with this guy first.

I grab the collar of the boss and punch him continuously.

"W-Wait. What do you want? Slaves? Money? I will give them all to you as long as-"

...looks like his dignified attitude has changed. Whatever, this is getting boring let me end this.

I channel a large amount of mana into my fist and punch through the abdomen. He died immediately.

Skill activate: Devour
-------
Rank up: D to C
-------

...oh wow.

I see, so expert slave traders have more battle experience than normal knights so, of course, they will be harder to kill. But in return...ha...ha...HAHAHAHA!!! THEY GIVE MORE EXP!!!

The thrill of being at death's door. I still can't get enough of this~

My body is still shaking from the trauma. If that attack hit me just now, I would have died instantly.