Chap. 31 (Worthy Opponent)

I yawn, this is the second day of me being a student in Horin academy.
After that day, people have been constantly pestering me to join their team for the tournament. Even though I'm from the weakest class.

Magic Academies from all around the world participates in a tournament as part of their tradition. It is also a way to motivate students to work harder.

The prizes are also quite appealing. Especially the first prize, a superior wand.
Of course, I don't want to participate since I can't use magic and it's useless to me.

In classes, Akira teaches us about magic...which I still don't understand since I can't use magic. What's the point of me even attending a magic academy?

Well whatever, tomorrow will be the day when K gives me what I requested. I can then finally break through the stage of Kirei.

In mana manipulation, there are several stages, each stage determines how well you can control mana. Although hard to master and breakthrough, mana is very powerful as it can take any shape and any effects like an explosion and a defence barrier.

The stages are:
(lowest)
Mana gathering stage
Mana controlling stage
Mana Gold stage
Mana explosive stage
Mana Kirei stage
Mana Seikirei stage
Mana Fukirei stage
Mana Okirei stage
(Highest)

Other than Okirei stage, no one has managed to reach a higher stage in their lives. But achieving Okirei stage can already be as powerful as achieving godhood. Okirei stage mana experts can control every single mana on the earth immediately and can eliminate every organism on earth if they feel like it. That's my goal.

I walk to my class while hiding myself in the shadow using my passive skill.
"What are you doing?" Says Akira.

What!? She sensed me?!

I emerge from the shadow under the tree and asks "how did you sense me?"

Akira did not give an immediate response. Then she says "because I can sense heat around you from the mana."

!!!!

She's able to sense my body temperature just from the mana?!!!

"You! Are you at the Fukeiri stage?!" I say.

Akira look surprised by that question and laughed "No no!! Haha!! I only practised Mana Manipulation for a while since I have an affinity for Mana but magic still suits me better."

...a while???!! She only practises it for a while and she already has an aura of a Fukirei?! It took me 7 years of my life to get to the Kirei stage!

I sigh.

I should calm down.
(Author: geez, life is really harsh for the antagonists)

"Let's go, classes are starting."

I nod and follow Akira.

We step into the rundown building and starts feeling a huge pressure immerse around us.
I start gasping for air but Akira looks fine. What the hell?!

We walk up to the second level to find out the classroom surrounded by people dressed in golden uniforms.

"Tch, first the best class in the cohort, now the student council?" Says Akira.
"What the fuck do you guys want?"

The tallest guy, wearing specs with grey hair, looks at Akira then to me.

He smiles and says "I just want a conversation with Ao over there. After all, he is really famous now."

I smirk.

"What the hell does a goat want from me?" I say.

"Mind your language, you fiend!!" Says a woman beside that guy.

"It's okay. I am Kirio and this is my secretary, Karen." Says Kirio.
"Wha-...why did you tell him our names? He is not even worthy!"
"Please be quiet for a while."
"I...okay."

He walks to me. Each step, the pressure increases. However, he is not releasing any aura or killing intent...

"I want you to let Sylvia go." Says Kirio.
"What?"
"She is currently your slave, right? I want you to demolish the contract."

Oh...so that's how it is.

"And what if I don't?"
"Then you will die."
This time, he releases his aura.

I had to wrap myself in mana to at least stand, gasping for air is still hard.

I look at Akira. She is starting to sweat a bit, other than that, she's completely fine.
This teacher of mine...is very strong.

"Sylvia is constantly thinking about you in lessons and rarely pays any attention. From what I observed, there is a high possibility you are forcing her to be your slave. After all, there is no way she will agree to become a slave of vulgar beast like you." Says Kirio.

She did though.

I still say in the end, "Over my dead body, you piece of shit."

"I see...you actually have that much of a resolve huh...then I will forcibly demolish her contract. when I do so, don't come crying to me for the pain you will have to go through."

Kirio gestures to the other 5 behind him and they follow him out. All 5 of them gave me a death stare as they did.

"Geez...you...are really troublesome huh..." Says Akira. "*sigh* I will see if I can do anything to help. The rest will be up to you. Let's go."

Tch.

...no...i need to get stronger fast. At this rate, I won't be able to defeat that Kirio. Looks like someone worthy of my opponent finally shows up.

This will be fun.