Chapter 4

Let's see...

If I remember correctly, a demon lord will make its appearance three days later. The princess will then search for a brave hero and Kazuki will step up together with Yuki, the heroine.

I sigh.

Arghh...I'm not the type to think. I don't want to think too much...too troublesome...

Well, whatever. Time to execute the plan.

I can just kill Kazuki but that will be no fun. Not to mention, if I do, some other person will take up the spot.
Changing the past too much will affect the future and there will be no point in me coming back. I need to be careful.

I first need to take away everything from him. And I know his most precious person in the entire universe...is Yuki.

To avoid suspicion, I stop wearing the hoodie and put on a smiling, kind facade instead.

"Welcome!" She greets me as I enter the tavern.

Yuki's family work at a food restaurant. Mostly popular for desserts and drinks.
After all...

I was almost distracted from my mission by how good this tea tasted.

I look at Yuki.
She is busily tending to some other customers. This period must be the peak period but somehow, she's happy about it.

I raise my hand and Yuki comes to me right away.
"Yes?"
"Uhm...can I order another serving?"
"Sure." She says with a smile. I suppose she does score a passing mark for her beauty. Is Kazuki a lady killer?

Yuki comes back to my table almost immediately with another pot of tea.

"Say...do you train?" I say.
"Hmm?"

I need to establish some sort of relationship with her so having a common interest is the easiest way to become friends.

"From the way you move and your muscles, you are practising swordsmanship right?"
"What? That's amazing! How do you know?" Says Yuki.
"I practise swordsmanship too!"
"Really? What do you practise in?"
"Uh...Ancrolym style."
"Eh? That ancient style?
"Yeah-"

"Hey! Yuki! Stop slacking off!"
The voice came from the kitchen. I should end things, I already obtained my goal.

"It seems that you are busy, we will talk later!"
"Okay! By the way, I'm Yuki, and you are?"
"Akuma."
"Alright! See you later!"

Goal one achieved. Haha.
Now I just need her to at least view me as a trustworthy person. Then everything will come into place!

I rent a room in an inn with the money I looted. I should enjoy luxury from time to time too right? Or else it will take a toll on me psychologically.

"Sir."
I was stopped by a group of knights on the way back to the inn.

Crap! Did I expose myself? Should I try escaping?

"Princess Lupis would like to see you. Please follow us."

...

I stayed silent and nodded.

They did not tie me down or restrict me, it's more like escorting me to that huge mansion.

The mansion that the princess lives in is about 20000 feet wide. It's ridiculously big for just a family of 9 and 20 servents. Wasting space.

I enter the mansion and it is so big! There are already 7 doors I can see from the entrance. How can someone not get lost?

"Follow me, Princess lupis is waiting in the dining room."

...what? Dining room? Why there?
Are they planning something? Shit.

I follow the knights and did not bother to look anywhere else. I need to remain as calm as possible to avoid suspicion.

We enter through a huge door and there was one long table. The princess is at the other corner.

"Welcome," says Lupis with a smile. "Sit anywhere you like."
"...Thanks...so what do you need me for?"
"Don't worry. Why not we talk over it with some tea?"

Heh...this cunning girl. In my previous life, all of my plans were ruined mainly because of her. Her sharp senses and quick mind are very troublesome. She is the one that trained Kazuki and helped him think of a splendid strategy that caught me off guard. Those fucking strategies almost took my life several times.

Now...what the hell are you planning...