Chap. 40 (Killing Machine)

Taking the elevator down, I take out the key I found on the guard's corpse.

There is fifty of them...this chain of keys is damn heavy. Well, there are fifty cells.

Setanal helped me disable all the security in this place already. Now it just feels like a walk in a park.

"Guys!!! Akira!!! It's me!"

She looks up. Same goes to everyone.

They look very surprised.
"Come on I'm gonna get you out."

"Wait...what about them?" Asks a girl.

"The union? Don't worry...they are being...taken care of." I say

I unlocked the cell Akira is in first and she rushes into my arms.
"I...thank God..."

I look at her. Is she that worried about me? So I am the reason she is so depressed. I'm somehow glad it isn't the other thing that makes her depressed.

Two other women throw themselves in my arms as well.
"Sylvia and Lupus?!"

So they attempted to rescue but failed.
"I...am sorry." Says Sylvia.
"...don't need to apologise."
"I..."

I unlock all the cell one by one until everyone is free. Explosions and gunshots can be heard above. Seems like Setanal detonated the bombs in the armoury. He also handed me a map of an escape route through the dungeon, since above is probably like a bloody battlefield right now.

"Ahem. Okay everyone, don't make a sound, don't panic and just follow me."

I feel like a tour guide now.

I follow the map and reach a small cave. Inside the cave is a circular teleporter platform.

"Okay everyone, step onto this one by one and press this switch at the side. I will be going above to check out the situation."

"Eh? You are not coming along?" Asks Sylvia.

I nod. "I...have something to do."

"I...okay. Take care."

I went up the elevator and exits the dungeon. The moment I step out, I prepare to slaughter any Union member I find. A few were running until they spot me. Well, when they do, their head is already crushed by mana.

Yes!!! Blood!!! Such a beautiful scene!!

I can hear screams everywhere. Go wild! Setanal!!!

Since there's smoke blocking my vision I can barely see what is happening.

But soon, it stops. The explosions and stuff stop. I can still detect lifeform around here...did Setanal lose?

I use a skill and sneak towards the presence.

I was right.
Setanal is subdued!! His hands are tied down by 4 chains each and his legs are pierced into the ground with swords.

...

"You bastard..." Says Setanal

"Hmph."

One of the Union members takes a dagger and prepares to slit his throat.

Heh...I'm not going to let this chance pass by. I will eradicate Union once and for all.

That union member raises his hand above his head and breathes. After a while, he swings his arms downwards, aiming for his throat.

But...

*BOOM*
!!!!

His head exploded right in front of everyone.

"Wha-"

I exploded another head.

"Y-You bastard!!! Kill him!!!"
They turn their armour to compression mode. Now I can absolutely not do anything to them...well from within I mean.

One of them instantly casts lighting magic. It immediately hits my vital cords and I was paralyzed...

Haha...

Yeah as expected of the Union. What strength and teamwork.

Looks like I have to use my trump card. I couldn't do this when I was a Kirei but now...

"Phoenix form 1, mana enhancement." I chant.

The mana around me suddenly bursts into fire.

"T-That's..."

All of them slowly back off. Their compression armour is useless against heat.

The fire grows so strong that it becomes a fiery bird in the sky.

"The legendary bird...a Phoenix," says Setanal. "Akuma...who the hell are you?!"

I smirk.

My body is completely surrounded by flames yet it feels so soothing.

"Now then, time to party."