Chap. 82 (History's Greatest Threat)

"Impossible...full marks?!" Says Ushe, marking my test paper. "No, Akuma's answers...is deeper and more elaborate than the answers given by the other mana instructors!!"

Ushe stops to sigh and then whispers, "Exactly how profound Akuma's knowledge in mana extends to?! This is unheard of...in centuries..."
-------
"The demon lord...has passed away." Says Estein'Do.

Heh...finally. After 5 days of staying in this Academy, the vice principal has announced his death. Of course, no one was shocked because, after 5 days, almost every demon notices the large disappearance coming from the capital.

The principal gathered every student in the auditorium just for this.

"And the capital is now searching for a worthy, strong and capable demon to take up the role. Thus, a tournament will be held. Which one of you has the passion and ability to be brave enough to join the tournament?"

Only nobles and stronger demons dare to raise their hands. Because they also know...that we will not be the only one competing, there will be fighters ranging from males to women, young to the old, fighter to mages. There will be a lot of harsh competition.

However...

Elvei'Do raises her hands up as she smirks. "I will take up the challenge."

"T-That's...the failure of a princess." Gossips a demon nearby.
"Yeah! I heard she has been exiled from her family, that's why despite being royalty, she's in the lower level..."

"Shut up! I will prove to everyone that I am strong and worthy enough!!" She screams.

No wonder...
----------------
4 days ago
----------------
I knock on the principal's door.

"Come in." Says Estein'do.

Estein'do ask me to visit his office and I did as instructed.

I enter and sees Estein'do with another middle-aged woman sitting on the opposite side of the table. They are both sitting far from one another. Is that woman...

"My apologies, I am Lucy." Says the woman. "I have heard of your deeds, Akuma, from my dearest slave."

Estein'do slam his hands on the table.
"Stop calling me that!"
"Why? You are my slave."
"B-But...at least let me some face in front of a student."

"So? What do both of you want?" I say, materializing a chair and sitting somewhere in the middle of the table.

"Akuma! You are being rude-"
"Hahaha!! It's okay. I actually like boys like him the most." Says Lucy.

What the fuck? She reminds me of Yuki.

"Stop beating around the bush."
"Hm...okay then." Says Lucy. "You do know a girl named Elvei'do in your class right?"

I nod.

"Good, as you already know, the demon lord...has possibly died by now. Therefore, they will be holding a tournament soon to choose the most capable and strongest demon lord. Elvei'do will surely volunteer. That's why...i want you to be her bodyguard."

"Huh? I don't have time for that! I rather volunteer myself and become the demon lord!" I exclaim.

"Is that so..."

Lucy signals Estein'do to leave. He stares at her with a confused expression but soon did as she instructed.

"I also know that..." Lucy continues. "You are the one who killed the demon lord right?"

!!!!!

I immediately seal the whole room and sends a barrage of mana attacks upon her. She, however, disappears and appear right behind me with her nails touching my neck.