Chapter 10(Duel)

Hmmm...

Although I did decide to conquer Lupus...there is only one way for me to do so.

And I don't like it.

Lupus prioritizes Kazuki in the previous life because she loves him...so now. How am I going to do this?

...

Lupus is a kind girl. She also avoided killing me and once even tried to convince me to be a good person. She hates violence the most and prefers a peaceful way. However, she is not naive.

Once, Lupus decided to wipe out a gang of bandits and placed a bounty of a thousand platinum coins(1 platinum coin=100 gold coins) on the leader. She went all out just for the safety of her citizens.

But her mind changed after Kazuki convinces her to stop. She listens to whatever Kazuki says...

No...the most important thing is finding out what makes Kazuki so appealing. His kindness? No, there are plenty of kind people like him...so...what made him so...

Unless Lupus has a different reason for loving Kazuki.

Argh, no point in thinking too much I will visit her first.

*knock* *knock*

"Come in."

I open the double doors and walks in. There is a coffee table in the middle of the room with several coaches surrounding it.
Other than that, the room is just filled with expensive antiques.

Lupus is sitting on one of the coaches.
"Have a seat." Says Lupus.

I sit on the couch opposite her.
She is the one who calls me here, what is she planning?

"Hero-"
"Don't call me that, just call me by my name."
"Oh...okay. Akuma, I need your help to escort me to Kins kingdom. I heard you are an SSS rank right? With your presence, you can easily fend off any dangers."

True. Although my rank is now SSS×3 rank. For some reason, SSS rank is supposed to be the highest level but my skill forbids that. Now I can stack my ranks and become even stronger than the strongest. But I should stop grinding for ranks now. It's enough, next I will need is skills.

However, some people still refuse to believe that I'm an SSS rank so they will surely attack Lupus with me as their escort though, which means this is the perfect chance for treasure baiting.

"Okay then, princess. I will escort you."
"Really? Thank you so much!" Exclaims Lupus.

Let's go Skill hunting

The word spreads really fast and soon almost everyone in the kingdom knows about it. The captain of the knights, Zelkam, is one of those who refuse to believe how strong I am and challenged me to a duel.

"There is no way trash like you can grow so fast!"

"Fair enough. I accept." I say.

I don't even need to use my weapon. The captain is only an A rank. Easy.
I signal the captain to attack first. It's more of a taunt instead.

He has a huge dignity so he immediately charges at me with the greatsword in hand.
Yes, although his speed is fine. His attacks are too obvious. He holds his sword high up in the sky, literally telling me he will strike from above.

I sigh. Being an extremely impatient person, I just take a small rock and flicks towards the sword.
Using mana, I engulf the rock with it so it travelled at a speed faster than a bullet and immediately breaks the sword.

"Wha-"

As an extra effect, I dash towards Zelkam and aim my fist to punch his face, only stopping when it almost reaches. The shock wave generated from that is at least enough to smash a boulder.

Luckily, Zelkam used his paladin defence skill in the nick of time or he would have lost his head.
"I...I admit total defeat."
He falls to his knees.

I smirk and say, "Now you shouldn't have any problem trusting me right?"

He nods and smiles. "With you at our side, there will be no problem."

Good, looks like he trusts me now. But his skills are useless to me, all are defence paladin skills. I don't need them however...he does have the trust of the soldiers. I can make good use of him.