Chap. 65 (The past comes back to bite)

[Another long chapter :p]

"Alright, got it," I say.

I stand up and prepares to leave until Orland stops me.
"Wait! You are leaving so soon? Why not stay for a night or so? You have been travelling and killing here and there right? Why not relax in luxury for a while." He says.

Hmm...

Well. I can indeed get to Sylvia's army within minutes by flying so...

"Alright then," I say.

Orland smiles and gestures for something. An assassin appears out of nowhere. "Yes, master?"

"Show this gentleman to that room and protect him wherever he goes." Says Orland.

So that female assassin is the weird presence I felt in this room.

But seriously...
"Are you saying I need protection?"

"No no, of course not. You could kill everything here within seconds." Says Orland.

The assassin's eyes widen and she starts to stare at me, not glare, I don't feel any hostility.

"I just...dont want you to go berserk in this kingdom...you see, that will be very troublesome for me. So she will take care of your troubles instead." Says Orland

True...i guess it can affect some stuff. Um...what though? Economy? The people? Affect what?

But there's no point in asking so I will keep my mouth shut.

"Fine. I will stay here for a night."

"Yes!!" Orland secretly celebrates.

Wait...is this brat using me as insurance just in case the demons attack?!? This bastard...

"Just so you know, I won't help you defend any demons," I say.
"Ugh..." His face turns pale and disappointed. "You figured it out? Ah...hahaha...as expected of Akuma."

It was bloody obvious.

Orland nods to the assassin. The assassin nodded back and guides me to my room.

They guide me to one of the fanciest room available in the royal inn of the kingdom. Damn...this place is packed. I am guessing it's because of the demon's invasion? But most of them here are adventurers.

Since Lupis is the closest to the asylum, Kins is probably the best choice to stay if you want to join in on defeating the demons and be safe when you are resting.

Right now...its night time and the inn is very busy.

Some of them are also gossiping about the fall of Emarel. News travels really fast.
Something about everyone in the city exploding at once.

"But then you know, the king's daughter and her illegitimate brother survived."
"Is it their doing then?"
"No, it's impossible. The daughter uses ice magic and the brother only knows martial arts."

Lukey is white's brother? Interesting.

I stop the assassin.
She turns and gives me a confused look.

I signal her to wait here and keep a lookout. She nods and signals back for me to be careful and quick.

"Excuse me, lady and gentleman, may I join in the conversation?" I say, sitting down on the table.

The adventurer party stare at me then stare at each other.

"Uh, sure I guess." Says the swordsman.
"Eh, you sure?" Says the witch.
"Uh...he looks like a good guy so should be fine."

"Ha...good guy huh...anyway, where are the daughter and brother now?" I ask.

"They have been captured by Implosion."
"What!?" I exclaim and slam the table.

Everyone looks at me and I slowly calm down.

"Implosion? Aren't that a city from another country? Why did they especially come to Orean to arrest them?"
"I find it weird too." Says the swordsman. "Why did a renown city in another country come just to arrest them. Don't they have better things to do like fend off the demons?"
"Don't joke like that. They will never help us fend off the demon, only when we all fall then they will help." Says the witch

True. Kingdoms and cities of another country will not interfere with this demon invasion because they don't deem it as a threat yet. Only when the whole country fall, then they will take some measures.
Those bastards of the other countries, I will kill them all.

"Alright nice talking with you," I say.
"Likewise."

I continue and the assassin guides me. She is dressed as a maid to cover her identity.
Now that her mask is taken off, I can see that she is quite pretty too. Shoulder length blonde hair, red eyes, a bit busty too.

I sigh.

I am going to stop observing her...why am I even describing her in my mind?

Just when I was about to reach my room. Something surprised me.

"Ah! You are that guy who tried to kill me!!" Says a familiar voice.

My eyes widen.

What!? The red hair and eyes annoying woman I tried to kill this afternoon is still alive? How? Did someone disperse the mana cloaked in her throat, who?

"Is he the one?" Says a somewhat more familiar voice.
"Yes yes, my saviour! He is the foul being who tried to kill me." Says the annoying red hair and eyes woman.

"Oh, I see..."

My eyes widen even more in surprised when I see the figure behind the annoying woman takes off her mask.

"Long time no see, Akuma." Says Yuki.

Ha...HAHAHAHAHA.

God damn it.

The childhood friend of the protagonist, Yuki. She's actually still alive. I thought she died from some unknown entity. She disappeared after all.

Fuck. The past comes back to bite me huh.

"Yuki...how long has it been?" I say.
"4 months to be exact." She says.
"E-Eh? You...know this guy?" Asks the annoying woman.

Yuki looks at her and smile. "Of course. And haven't I told you yet?"

Yuki's bright atmosphere changes into a scary one. "Stop talking, you are annoying as fuck." She says.

"Eek!" The woman jolts in fear and starts to run away.

I snap and seal her throat back again. I must not let this annoying bitch that pisses me off live.

I look at Yuki. She is not doing anything.

"Are you not going to help her?" I ask.
"Why should I? She is no longer useful." She says.

I see.

I now know the recipe for creating antagonist.

And that is to let them experience something bad huh...but Yuki didn't even experience anything as traumatic as me? Why is she...

Or Kazuki's death is already something very traumatic for her... Either way, this is really amusing.