Chap. 39 (Fake Brotherhood)

"Do you want revenge?" I ask.

Setanal looks up. In this dark cell, I am his only light. The torch I'm holding in my hand is the only warm thing in this cold environment.

Because of what I did, everyone condemned Setanal for stealing the missing watch. Even after denying, nobody believed. Only Maxson. But as a result, he was executed for standing with Setanal.

"Those people, who you thought was your brother...framed you...and killed Maxson. That was their plan all along. They have pretended to care for you and pretended to be your friends. In the end, they are just selfish bastards..." I say.

Setanal clenches his fist and grits his teeth. "Of course... I do...want revenge."

I smirk.

"Good, I will help you. I'm Akuma, a guy infiltrating this place because of a strange rumour I heard."

"Rumour?"

"I heard that the Union are capturing innocents as an excuse for justice and making them...either way, they are just unforgivable."

Setanal eyes widen. As his brows narrowed together, he says "If it is me three days ago, I wouldn't believe you and instantly attack...but now..."

...

"Let's take them down," I say as I unlock the door with mana.

Setanal looks at me in awe and smiled.

The way he is smiling now...is like how Kazuki smiles when he turns into a killing machine.

A NICE SMILE YOU GOT THERE...

I explain to him that I'm a mana expert and that I wouldn't be able to do anything to the union. Therefore I will have to rely on him.
I can give Setanal a boost in his stats by controlling and injecting mana into his mana core.

He also gives me a rough explanation of how the union works.

In the end, we decided to execute the plan at dawn.

Setanal also stayed in his cell till dawn to avoid suspicion.

"Psst, let's go. It's their dinner time and most of them are at the cafeteria. The armoury is clear; no one is guarding there at this moment, just like you explained." I say.

Setanal nods and leaves the cell.

Other than fighting, Setanal is an expert in dynamites or grenades or anything to do with explosive.
Normally I can use mana to create explosions but there is some sort of field covering the armoury. It removes every single sense of mana in the atmosphere. Union also predicted that intruders with mana manipulation will attempt to destroy their armoury first...

...
Aren't they too focused on mana experts?!!!?
(Author: life is really harsh for an antagonist)

*beep*

"Okay done, all set, over." Says Setanal from the walkie-talkie.

"Got it. Meet me at the rendezvous point." I say.

We meet up and start infiltrating the bunker. Setanal had all of his equipment confiscated somewhere.

"Two..." Says Setanal. Of course, there's someone guarding the entrance. They look very hungry and bored though.

I nod to Setanal and moved in.

"...when will this end..." Says one of them.
"I don't know..."
"Jesus-"

!!!

"What-"

I took all of them out from behind by slitting their throat while covering their mouth.

I smirk.

Ahhh...yes...blood!!! I can finally see some now...

"Come on, let's go." Says Setanal.

Tch. Fine.

The bunker is not heavily guarded at this point. Each guard is not that well equipped and they are hungry, making them very easy to take out.

Finally, we arrived at what was originally Maxson's office.
Setanal opens it slowly to find that it has become a storage room.

He clenches his fist and enters.

At one corner is Setanal's double-barrel laser gun and knife. At another is the armour that Maxson wore.

I carry the armour and hand it over to Setanal. He stares at it and nods, taking it and wearing it.

"Now...you go do your stuff. I have someone to save." I say.

Setanal nods and smile. "I will repay this debt in the future...if I am still alive."
"Nah...you have to make it out alive, for your brother here."

"...yeah...yeah..." Setanal starts crying but shortly after, he stopped.

Well...if you ask me, there is no debt. After all, I'm the one who caused it.

Heh...although I would like to see him going on a killing spree, I must save the Horin Academy. K still owe me the stuff that I requested.

(I, Satomi Takeshi, am a lazy guy, I only rechecked everything once. Although sometimes I do find an error, I will miss some. If you find that something doesn't make sense in the parts, please comment. I beg you. I literally just found three to four errors in this part, I edited them out though. Sorry to the first two people who viewed this part.)