Chap. 73 (Demon Continent)

After the slaughter, we went on our way towards Asylum after stealing all the food in the warehouse of the town. I protected it using a barrier to prevent the fire from getting to it.
Luckily, it didn't overheat and melt the food. Because my barrier can only block the fire, not the heat.

I place all the food into my mana void and whatever I find valuable, there's not much honestly...

I look at Sylvia. She is grasping her chest and looking down. Is she still questioning why she felt so happy? Well, not that it matters. If things go like this for a certain period of time, she will come to like the feeling too!

Heh...

Anyway...

"We are about to cross the borders into the demon continent." Says Sylvia.

That is true. All the nature nearby are wilted away. This is a sign of demonic mana in the atmosphere, it causes all nature to die off bit by bit.

In front of us is a huge bridge made out of molten rocks, connecting the two continents.

I sigh and grabs the trembling Sylvia's hand.
"Let's go."

What's so scary about this? In fact, I like this atmosphere.

But before that...there seems to be a group of demons guarding the bridge. They seem slightly stronger than normal demons huh. Well, not that I care.

One snap and they all die.

Ah...the feeling of walking through pieces of the corpse with the blood splattered all over the place. The sound of blood splattering from you stepping on it, the pieces of meat sticking on to your shoes...this is amazing...

Hmm?

I noticed a map in the pocket of one of them, don't know which.

I take it out and notices there's a city ahead.

Good, let's go there then...to set up my bait.
---------
I need to find out more about this reincarnated demon lord. If he really does care for his kind, he will fall for my bait.
Although if he doesn't care, it won't influence things that much.

We walk up to the gate of the city, the guards were sleeping till I wake him up.
"Hi!"

"!!! A human-"
I snap and he explodes, that attracts the attention of others nearby.

A few demons soldier was patrolling nearby and I killed them in front of the crowd of demons. The rest screamed and some tried running for their life.

This is honestly unexpected.
Though the male demons have hard red skin. The female demons look almost the same with a female human. Except that they have horns.
Hahaha!!! I thought they will honestly be as ugly as the males but I didn't expect some of them to be so beautiful as well.

"Yuki, you are there right?" I say.

She appears from the shadow and sulks.
"How can you find me?!? I was hiding perfectly?!" Yuki exclaims.

"Bitch, I now have my mana core fully repaired. I can detect anything now. A tier 20 camouflaging spell can probably slip past my fingers but no one can ambush me anymore." I say.

"Jeez...fine, what do you want."

"They should have a communication system here to ask for help from their so-called headquarters, which is most likely the demon lord's castle, somewhere. I need you to check if they are indeed trying to ask for reinforcement."

Yuki closes her eyes a bit and immediately, I feel a resonance coming from her...like a radar searching for its prey.

Soon, she opens her eyes and the resonance stops. "Yeah, they are asking for help right now. The demon lord has decided to send an army."

"Tch. An army only? Fine. Looks like he is still underestimating me." I say.

"No...something is wrong. There are 5 generals in the army and about 50000 demons." She says.

"..."

What is he planning?...

No, wait...

I see.

"He wants to test my strength huh..." I mumble. "Heh, then come at me then."