Chap. 37 (Treasure)

(I have no idea why I spelt bunker as banker at the last chapter, I edited it out. Sorry for the confusion)
"Come in."

I open the door and enter.

It's hot as hell in here...not exactly as hot as HELL but...still very hot.

"Zarg. Why are you hiding your strength? I want to at least know the reason. If you reveal your strength earlier, our casualties could be greatly reduced." Says Maxson.

"Well, sir...thats..."

I show Maxson an expression of remorse and pain. Purposely, I clench my fist little before relaxing.

"I-"
"No, it's okay." Says Maxson. "But...in the future, we are going to need your help if we have no choice."

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you, you are dismissed."

I walk out.

I once got a copy of the entire layout of Union. Though I sold it because it has no use to me. Infiltrating Union is like a dream to me. I wouldn't gain anything out of it either, I can't use magic.

But there is something that catches my eyes. It's the time controlling watch. By pouring mana into it, one can turn time back by at most, an hour. That hour...is still time and can be very crucial in some situations.

Of course, it's guarded in the deepest part of the dungeon beside this bunker.

The union is not a country but a group of soldiers dedicated to justice. They also contributed the most in the demon invasions, second to Kazuki.

Their headquarters...which is like a bunker, is surrounded by small little camps and tents. Some used for cafeterias, some used as an armoury, some used as a medic station. Or some even are used as bathrooms. Under the bunker is some sort of dungeon, inside holds the treasures of union and sometimes, prisoners, but only very special ones. I'm guessing everyone in Horin Academy is down there.

And yes, it's very heavily guarded. It's guarded by machines instead of humans, to prevent any psychological attack since it's very common nowadays.

Yes, we can try to hack into the system and control the robot...but the security is so high probably only a programming genius can do so. Not to mention I don't even know much about technology.

There's only one way I can get down there.

"Andy, how about I help you with this?" I say.

"Huh? O-Oh sure..."

I take the trolley filled with trays of food. The meals for the prisoners.
It's the only way I can get down there without any suspicion.

I take the elevator and down I go. I feel nervous...very nervous for some reason.
I try not to act unnaturally though.

*ding*

The door opens and I enter. Looking up, it's a huge way down, I feel like I'm stuck down here in a huge hole. And I can hear the echoing of the machines working in the background. It seems like this dungeon is also a mine.

I follow the trail to the jail cells. The security machines scanned me for a moment before I go. Its a success; I managed to hide my true self by covering myself with mana. Although I'm not sure if that will work for some other time but let's hope so.

There are 50 jail cells in a row. Each cell has about 20 people squeezed in. And each cell have roughly the size of an average one-room apartment. It must be very suffocating.

I hand out the trays one by one while trying to search for Akira. I found her but she seemed...depressed holing up in one corner. Her clothes are also ripped apart...

...

Let's not think about it. I will get them out of here after I deal with the union.

After I finish doing so, to prevent suspicion, I walk back to the elevator. But instead of going back up, I go down.

I smirk.

Now...time to go on a treasure hunt.