Chap. 61 (Cooperation)

I back off from the lady and wipe my lips.

"What do you...want?" She asks.
"Hmm...not much, only your life," I say before snapping, killing her too.

I cannot trust that she will not reveal my presence. Therefore I will have to get rid of her.

"Anyway, come on out. I know you are there." I say.

"Amazing. As expected of the demon, your senses are as sharp as a predator." Says a voice.

A teenager dress in casual jeans and t-shirt shows up from behind a few crates in the corner, he has the casual black messy hair and eyes so I doubt he is a noble. He has been there the entire time.

"What do you want? Why are you tailing me? You better give me a satisfactory answer or extra red juice will be splattered everywhere."
"Ok ok, chill. I am...directly under lord Keas. Or should I say, I'm his right hand most trusted guy, Lukey." He says

Hmm...he seems suspicious as fuck.

"So?"
"Lord Keas has predicted that you will target Emarel when the demon attacks. And it looks like he was right." Says Lukey. "And instead, he wants peace with you. Follow me, he will offer you a deal. In exchange, please leave Emarel intact."

...alright then. I will play along, that sly pig wanting peace with another human? Bullshit. He views all other humans as trash so that pig is clearly planning something.

I follow Lukey out of the basement. The door leads to a hatch under a trash bin. I climb out and follow him to the imperial castle.

Looking around, everyone attending the store and selling things is putting on a bright smiling facade. Because if they don't, they will not be given food for several days. I'm not using the word "starve" because even after being provided with rations, they are still starving.

I look at Lukey. He might be telling the truth about him being the most trusted guy of that pig. He shows no sign of dehydration or malnutrition. In fact, he is quite muscular for someone his age. Probably 18 to 21?

I enter the castle and went to the dining room. The pig is eating as if there is no tomorrow. All of it is fast food; chicken wings, fries, potato chips.
How the fuck is he still alive without proper nutrition? He's damn breath smells like fucking dead fish. Ugh, I can smell it all the way here from the other side of the room.

"I know how you feel, just bare with me." Says Lukey, as if I am thinking out loud...
Am I?

"Oh?...you bought him?"
As Keas speaks, food spills from his mouth.

Ugh...fucking hell.

He swallows his food and pushes it away. All the servants in this castle are women too, he is definitely a pervert for sure. He signals the servant beside her to leave. She hurriedly tidies up the table and leaves, secretly heaving a sigh of relief.

...

"So, what do you want?" I ask.

"Hehe...is that the first thing you say when you see the one who raised you up?" Says Keas.

My smile turns into a frown and I glare at him. "Cut the crap, you call that raising? You have a loose screw somewhere in there."

"Hahaha!!! Alright, alright. Among everyone I have 'raised', you are the first one to survive after all so I will let that remark slide."

Keas points to a chair near me. Lukey nods at me too. I take the chair and sit directly at the entrance, not moving from where I originally stand.

"Heh...anyway. As for the deal, you know me right?" Says Keas.

"Yeah...i do. You are going to threaten me. There is absolutely no way you will give in and offer me a deal."

Lukey's eyes widen. "What?!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!! As expected of you, Ao! Or should I say...Akuma." Says Keas.

I smile while narrowing my brows. "Speak."

Keas snaps and a priest came out of the hatch beside him. Several other knights follow.

They are...the church of axis!?!!!

I turn my attention back to Keas. He smiles and says "If you don't submit yourself to me and swear eternal loyalty...Lupis will fall and what's that girl again? Lupus huh...the knights will show her extra attention. if you know what I mean."

Extra attention...so they are planning to rape her.

I smirk and say "Go ahead. Try to do it if you can."

!!!!

Keas starts to frown and I start to enjoy this expression of his.