Chap.66 (Offer)

"So, are you here to take revenge?" I ask.
"Hmm...i wonder..." She says with a smile and walks closer.

The assassin draws a knife from under her sleeve and places it on Yuki's neck.
"Don't move one step closer to him." She says.

Yuki smirk and exerts a pressurizing aura on the assassin.
She starts having difficulty breathing and falls to the floor.

I sigh and disperse the aura away, releasing the assassin.
"It's okay, go. I can take care of myself." I say to the assassin.

The assassin looks down and bites her lips before leaving.

"Oh? Since when were you someone who saved people." Says Yuki.

"I just don't want unnecessary trouble."

...

"I see. Let's go into your room, we will talk there."

...alright then. I don't know what you are planning but I will charge head-on into it.

I nod and follows her into my room.

I close the door and sees Yuki sitting on the bed, she pats on the space beside her, telling me to sit there.

"Nah. I'm fine standing here," I say.

...

"Pffft!!! Hahahahaha!!!!"

What?

"Haha...arent you being too tense?" Says Yuki. "I'm not planning anything. I can't even defeat you at this point."

"What do you mean."

"What? It's so obvious, the outcome. I mean, if I fight against you in a few days ago, I might win. But now that you're an Okirei, there is absolutely no way I can win even if I train for a hundred years."

She knows my mana stage! Then she might also know...

"You also know that my mana core is broken right?" I say.

"Oh? It's broken? Thanks for telling me."

"Bullshit. You already know it beforehand. If not, why would you stay in a room with me, so carefree too. Are you not afraid of death?"

Yuki sigh and finally nods. "Yeah yeah, you figured me out."

"Whatever, just tell me what you want. I need to rest, I have somewhere to go tomorrow."

Yuki smiles at my irritated face and lies on the bed. "Come sleep with me then."

I snapped the table beside me with my bare hands out of frustration. What the fuck is wrong with her.
"It's like telling me to go die, you know that?"
"What~ I'm not going to do anything to you in your sleep." Says Yuki.

...this bitch...

"Just tell me what you are here for!" I shout, attempting to strangle her with mana.

"Jeez...so impatient..." She says and I release her.

Yuki coughs a little and finally says "I'm here to be your wife."

...excuse me?

"Huh?"
"Now now, keep it in your pants. I will also give you the method to fix your mana core. That way, you can dominate the entire region." Says Yuki.
"What will you gain from this?"
"Hm? The fact that I'm your wife will already help me a lot in the future~ if you become the king of all lands, I might also conceive a baby for you."

...This bitch is obviously not the same Yuki I know 4 months ago. I don't know what she really wants, this offer is too suspicious and too good to be true. I indeed am searching for a way to restore my mana core but there are very few methods that it only totals up to a single digit.

Let me test her a bit.
"Then what about Kazuki then. Aren't you eternally loyal to him even after death?"

"Huh? Don't even mention that fucking bastard in front of me. At first, I venture out into the wilds to train and take revenge but after experiencing things...Kazuki's wish of world peace is purely impossible and garbage...that guy is too fucking naive." Says Yuki.

"Things huh...what did you experience?"
...

"Someone tried to rape me even after I saved them...a beggar stole my money when I try to give him some food...The royal knights taxed me more money because I look rich...etc."

"Heh, that's not even 1 out of 100 of the fucking disgusting things I saw about humans...but those are one of them," I say.

I guess I will take a gamble then.
"Fine. I will let you be my 'wife'. In exchange, tell me the method first."

"Very well, you need to replace your mana core with an equally strong one...if I were to say which, it would be the demon lord. You kill your target first, without breaking the mana core to make it dormant, then you make use of the mana void to transport the mana core in his body and switch it with yours."

I...why didn't I think of this. It was this simple?!?

...

Fuck.