Part 5

Arohi's P.O.V.

I stood there trembling, thinking about what was going to happen next. Mafia came and stood in front of me. He stared into my eyes making me get butterflies in my stomach. He held both my shoulders and with the same intense stare, he asked me, "Are you in love with Danny?" I looked at him taken aback. Why was he asking me this? "Not in the way the teacher thinks," I said. He smirked and stepped back. He turned and left the class looking amused. What really goes through this Mafia's mind? No one can understand him. I shook off those thoughts and ran out the classroom to meet Danny. I met him halfway on the corridor and stopped him. "I need your help," I said. He looked annoyed. "Go and ask your Mafia for help. Maybe he can help you better," he said. "Please! Don't talk like that," I requested. "What is the problem?" He asked. I looked around and figured that it was not the correct place to tell him. If even by mistake someone hears, I would be in real trouble. "Meet me after school on the dock. I will tell you everything," I said. He agreed. After school, I went directly to the dock and waited. I had to wait for a while and then he came. "Why did you take so long to reach?" I asked. "I'm here, that's the main thing. Now tell me what is so important that you couldn't even discuss it in school," he said. I asked him, "What do you know about international police officer Patrick?" He looked at me confused for a moment. "How do you know him?" He asked. "Please, just tell me," I said. "He is of course an international police officer. He is very dangerous and at the moment, he would do anything to get hold of my dad. He wants him arrested very badly and for that, he is willing to do anything," he said. I told him about my situation and how I promised his father to transport the weapons across the city. He looked at me shocked. "Are you out of your mind? Do you even realise what you have done?" He asked in disbelief. I frowned and said, "I know. I am stupid! I promised him but I really needed him to agree to the deal. If he didn't, Mafia wouldn't have reduced my debt." He looked at me and shook his head. "I need your help now in planning this," I told him, "Think of somehow we can get the weapons across without getting caught." He began to pace left and right. He looked frustrated and ran his fingers through his hair. "I can't think of anything. Patrick knows that dad is going to transport the guns and hence he has kept three checkposts. And he is at the last one. They check literally every single vehicle," he said. I thought really hard and still couldn't think of anything. What can I do? I can't step back now. "It's ok. I'm going home," I said frowning.

The next day, while sitting in class, an ambulance past and all the students began to murmur. The teacher asked irritated, "Have you not heard an ambulance before?" They all turned silent. That is when it came to me. I know what I had to do. I wrote bold on a piece of paper and threw it for Danny who was sitting in front me saying, "Meet me after class on the same dock. I've got it!" I smiled. I will make this plan work! Nothing can come in between me and getting those guns across anymore. Danny opened the paper and turned around and looked at me. I winked at him. I was so happy that I was able to think of something. After school, while walking out, I bumped into Mafia. He was going home and I had my eyes on my notepad making the plan. When I bounced into him, he stopped and my notepad dropped from my hand. I looked at him annoyed and he smirked at me. "Watch where your are going next time," he said. He wore his sunglasses and left me standing there. I took it up and went to the port. Danny was waiting and I saw him from a distance. I ran up to him excited, shouting, "Danny! I found out how we can do this! I found the solution!" He turned and looked at me. When I reached him, he asked, "How?" "Ambulance!" I said excitedly. He looked at me confused. "Look, Patrick would let everyone go but if someone is very ill and need to be reached to another hospital, he wouldn't have the time to check for guns. Hence we can go in an ambulance," I said. He shook his head in negative and frowned saying, "This is not going to work. Patrick is checking every single vehicle. He would search the ambulance as well." "Trust me. I won't let him find out. But you have to help me. I need you to organise the ambulance for me and I will take care of the rest," I told him. He nodded and I smiled. I know that this would work. It had to. I said that I was going to work and left. After some hours, I went home and laid on my bed. I was really tired but I couldn't sleep just yet. I had to make sure that I make this plan fully foolproof. I took my notepad and began brainstorming. If this officer is as dangerous as Danny says he is, then we would need to make everything look believable. I will take care of everything else. I went on my bed and closed my eyes. I fell asleep.