Part 45

Arohi's P.O.V.

Mafia opened the apartment's door and went inside. I followed behind at a distance. Dad was sitting at the dining table with his newspaper like he always did and I guessed that Ananya was in her room. "Good morning Uncle," Mafia said to Dad. "Good morning! How are you?" Dad asked. "I am fine. Did you enjoy dinner last night?" Mafia asked. "It was delicious. I didn't know that you can cook healthy foods so tasty as well," he said. "I'm glad you liked it. I was leaving so I thought of meeting you once," Mafia said. "I'm glad you came. Have you heard anything from Arohi?" Dad asked. Mafia frowned at the question and I looked on silently. "Don't worry Uncle, I am one hundred percent sure that she is safe. You don't need to worry about her. I understand that you are a father and you will still worry despite my saying but at least remember that I am protecting her. And nothing can happen to her," Mafia said determined. A small smile came to my face. He is truly special. He has gone above and beyond to help my family and me and doesn't expect anything in return. He really has a huge heart! And I am proud that I am part of it. I love you my Mafia! "I will meet Ananya and leave," he said to Dad. Dad looked at me and said, "If you were here last night, you would have really enjoyed it. We had great fun and with you, it would have not even doubled but tripled." I smiled. "Oh! Thank you! That's my charm! People love me wherever I go!" I said looking at an annoyed Mafia with a smirk. Ananya's bedroom door opened and she began to come outside holding hold carefully. I pitied her state. I hadn't seen her for so many days and when I am doing so now, she is in this state and I can't even hug her and say how much I missed her. My eyes were threatening to well up and I took a step forward to help her but stopped when Mafia went and held onto her. He made her sit next to Dad and served her a glass of water.

She noticed me and asked, "Who is he?" Mafia looked at me and said, "He is Joginder Sahni. We told you right? My secret advisor..." "Oh! I see!" Ananya said. She looked at me and smiled. "I am Ananya," she said. "Oh hello! How are you? I am Jogi! Short for Joginder Sahni! You can call me Jogi!" I said walking up to her and stretching my hand out for a handshake. She held my hand and shook it saying, "Pleasure meeting you. So you came to take my little sister's place?" I smiled and bent my head. She looked around and asked, "Avinash didn't accompany you?" I was surprised at this. Ananya, asking for Avinash! What other fabulous changes went on behind my back? How has it become possible for Ananya to ask for Avinash? "No he didn't. He left for some work," Mafia said. She looked at him with a sad frown. What the hell is going on? I looked at Mafia and he was shaking his head sadly. What were they telling each other through signs? "I'll take your leave now. I have far to go," Mafia said. "Ok, see you then. Be safe," Dad said. He looked back at Ananya once more and then walked out. I followed and ran behind him to keep up with his pace. "Are you carrying me with you?" I asked reaching outside. He stopped and turned to me. He raised his finger and pointed me but as he was about to talk, I said, "I didn't use Oh before talking!" He was silent. Giving him some puppy eyes, I said, "Please?" He dropped his hand and rolled his eyes and said, "No!" He walked to his car and sat inside. Through the tinted glass, he turned and looked at me and wore his sunglasses. I frowned as I looked at the car driving off. I missed this chance to spend time with Mafia! I went back to the construction site and sat inside the cabin dejected. I wasn't going to remove this disguise today after what happened last night. Then it was Avinash but you never know this Mafia. He can land here anytime he feels like it.

I sat on my bed and played a game on my phone for a few minutes when there was a knock on my door. I got up and went to check. Opening the door, Avinash came inside with an envelope in his hand and closed the door. "What's going on?" I asked. "Sit, I'll explain," he said. I sat down at the desk and he emptied the envelope in front of me. There were three similar pendants inside it. "What's this about?" I asked. "These pendants were taken from three of Rajiv's men. When Deep sir noticed it, it opened like a locket and there was this system inside it so I sent it to get checked by one of my friends andhe gave me it back today saying that it is a GPS. And it works with the person's pulse wearing it," he said. I listened at him carefully and then looked back at the pendants. It looked a bit familiar. Looking at it closely, I began to pressure my brain to place where exactly I saw it. "I have seen this somewhere already. Who did you get this from?" I asked. "A guy named Sean, who kidnapped Ananya, a man name Joe and Martin," he said. That was it! "That's it! I saw this around Martin's neck!" I said. "So this means that Martin...." I said. "Yes, he is Rajiv's underling," he completed. I was amazed. "He was the one who began the shootout that day at the campus," he said. I nodded saying, "I figure." I leaned back on my chair and heaved a sigh. "Did you tell Mafia about this?" I asked. "I went to tell him but he's not here. He has gone to south London to have a meeting and coming back might lead to very late," he said. "You're right. We have to do something about this now," I said and began to think. "Do you know where Mafia has kept those guys?" I asked after a while. Nodding, he said, "In an old warehouse near Raichand building." I stood up and said taking up the pendants, "Let's go." We left the cabin and went to the warehouse. It was really an old and useless warehouse. Avinash led me to the top and there two of Mafia's gaurds were. "Good morning Avinash sir," they said. "Good morning. I need to go inside," he said. They nodded and looked at me hesistantly. "Don't worry. He's with me," Avinash said.