Part 77

Avinash's P.O.V.

I reached the hospital and met Dr. Phillip. He had the reports ready and gave them to me explaining what it contained. I was beyond shock. "Are you sure about this?" I asked. "Yes Mr. Avinash. We give people their reports after double and triple checking to ensure no mistake. Whatever the reports say is completely right," he said. I stood up and left after that. I was hurt from what I thought. I must show this to Arohi and Deep. As I was leaving the hospital, I bounced into someone and looking at her, she was the same doctor from the garden. She smiled at me and said, "Hi!" I nodded. "Are you alright?" she asked. I nodded. "Have you taken a silence vow today?" she asked. "No, why?" I asked. "Nothing. You were only nodding," she said. "I came for my wife's reports," I said. "Oh! What does it say?" she asked. "What I wasn't expecting," I said. I smiled and said, "It was nice talking to you that day." "This means that you listened to me and thought about my words," she said. I bent my head and nodded. "And you got the answer?" she asked excitedly. "It was nice meeting you," I said and left her there without answering. I sat in my car and looked at the reports and then drove off. I went to an ice cream shop and bought Ananya's favourite ice cream and went back. Upon entering the apartment, I saw Arohi and Deep in some tension. I went to them and asked, "What happened?" "Sonia is here. And she's inside the room with Ananya," Arohi said worried. I was shocked. "And why are you standing like a dummy outside?" I asked and rested the bucket of ice cream and ran to Ananya's room. There, Sonia was sitting on Ananya's bed and holding her hand asking her about her health. Ananya smiled and looked at me. Sonia turned around and stood up seeing me with a smile. I frowned and walked closer to her. "What are you doing here?" I asked her sternly. She smiled and looked at Ananya saying, "I came to meet her." "She needs to take rest. Let's go outside," I said sternly. "Avinash, what way is this to speak to someone?" Ananya asked. I looked at her and frowned. "Tell her sorry!" she demanded.

"Ananya..." I started but she cut me off saying firmly, "Avinash, say sorry." I looked back at Sonia and said softly, "I'm sorry." She looked back at Ananya with wide eyes and said surprised, "He listens to you so easily!" I looked at Ananya said, "I'm compelled to." I looked back at Sonia showing her annoyance and said holding her arm, "Let's go." I pulled her out of the room and we walked out of the apartment. Reaching outside, she removed my hand saying, "You're hurting me." She looked at me irritated and asked, "What has gotten into you? You are listening to that girl's demands very fondly? And what about mine? Don't you care about me?" I raised my hand quietening her and said, "I don't want to start any argument with you right now so it's best you just leave here. This is not your house that you can come whenever you wish and create any kind of scene." "What are you saying? Is this your house that you can come here anytime then? What relation do you have with these people?" she asked. I held her hand and was walking away further when Uncle Navin asked me from behind stopping me, "Avinash, where are you going?" I turned back to him and he came closer to me. I smiled and said, "I am going to carry Sonia back home, Uncle." "Why? I told her to stay. I didn't know that you were married. And you never told me anything!" he said, "When I found out that she is your wife, I told her to stay with us for lunch." I looked at a smirking Sonia. "No Uncle, she can't stay. Actually, she is not feeling so well, she has to go home and take her medication," I said. "She can take it here also. And besides, this is her house too," he said. "But Uncle..." I started again but he said, "Let her remain. What will she do all alone? If she remain here, then she will also feel good." I began to feel helpless and nodded. He smiled and looked at Sonia saying, "Come." They walked away but before he entered the apartment, he turned back to me saying, "Come Avinash." "I'll just make a call and come," I said and took out my phone. They went inside. I called Deep sir and told him to meet me outside.

He came out of the apartment and asked, "What happened?" I took out Sonia's reports and gave them to him saying, "She lied once more." He read the papers in disbelief. Arohi came out of the apartment and came to us asking, "What happened?" "Sonia's true colours has shown again," I said. "Meaning?" she asked confused. "She lied to Avinash saying that she has a tumor. But her tests results have come and she is perfectly fine," Deep sir said. "Oh! This is why you two were in the hospital yesterday?" Arohi asked me. I nodded. "Disgusting! How low can this woman actually be?" she said with scorn. Looking at me, Deep sir asked, "What are we going to do now?" I sighed and said, "I'm going to show her what playing a game is really like." "Avinash," Deep sir said resting his hand on my shoulder, "Think over this. Sonia is very cunning." I turned to them and said, "But you guys are going to be with me, right?" They both smiled and nodded. "So, what's the plan?" Arohi asked smiling excited. "I don't have any as yet," I said. She frowned and dropped her shoulders saying, "Then make one!" "I will, but let's go inside first," I said. "But Avi..." Deep sir started but I held their hands and carried them back inside. Sonia was sitting on the sofa and reading a magazine. She looked at the three of us and then my plan came to my mind. I smiled and went and sat next to her. "Do you want anything?" I asked. She looked at me with her eyes narrowed and said, "No thanks." I side hugged her and said, "Come on. Take something. You have to take your medicines." She smiled and said, "It's fine. I'll take the medicines later." "What! No! You are required to take them on time and now is the time. I'll get them. Tell me, where are they?" I asked. She smiled nervously and said, "Avinash, I will take them later." "Promise?" I said. She nodded. I held her hand and said, "I'm sorry." She looked at me taken aback and asked, "Why?" "For how I behaved with you. I was a in rotten mood. And I took out my frustration on you. You must have felt bad. I'm sorry," I said.