Part 9

Deep's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes in the hospital and still felt a bit of pain on my arm. Avinash was standing in my room and looking at his phone. "Where is Arohi?" I asked. He immediately gave me his attention and said, "She will be here in the evening." I looked at him confused and asked, "What is the time?" He looked at his watch and said, "10:00 am sir." I rest my head back on the pillow and heaved a sigh. "Do you want anything sir?" Avinash asked. I want Arohi in front me, I thought. I shook my head in negative and said, "No." He continued with his work on his phone and I just had to lie there and do nothing. This was so boring. It's still very early. Arohi will come later. What will I do all day? I stared at the ceiling. Raising my head, I asked, "Where is my phone?" Avinash pushed his hand inside his pocket and pulled out my phone. I quickly took it and opened my photo gallery. I began swiping through and looking at the pictures I had with Arohi. I smiled. Seems like I will only have her company in these pictures for the time being.

Arohi's P.O.V.

I was sitting in the cafeteria and waiting impatiently for the day to finish. I didn't sleep for a second last night thinking about Mafia. I remained worried the entire night. I was getting annoyed with everything this morning and especially these two bodyguards. They are literally hovering over me anywhere I go. It's Mafia's life which is in danger. Why are they after me? Danny came and sat next to me and asked me, "Are you going to marry Deep?" I looked at him confused and surprised with this question. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Only Deep's people are guarded like this. So I'm guessing that you must have received a promotion from debtor to fiancé," he said opening a coke. I punched his arm saying, "I don't like these kind of jokes. Shut up!" He held his arm and said in pain, "Ok. Chill. I'm just kidding." I pouted angrily at him and he asked, "Why are these two monkeys following you around?" I smiled and said, "Mafia left them behind me. I don't know who is after my life but someone just wanted to shoot me yesterday and on top of that he hired people to kill me. And because of me, Mafia got shot and is in the hospital." He looked at me astounded and asked worriedly, "Are you alright? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I replied, "I am now meeting you for the day and I am feeling worried for Mafia. God knows what state he must be in." "The main point is that you are safe. That is all that matters for me," he said. I frowned and said, "But Mafia took a bullet for me! He's a hero!" He got up and said, "I don't know about that." I narrowed my eyes at him and asked, "And why is that so?" He flung his bag on his back and said, "Deep just wants to be in your good books. He is doing all of this only to make an impression on you." "And why would he do that?" I asked. He bent down close to my face and whispered to me, "You really don't know?" I sat silent. I began to think. What if he was telling the truth? He smirked and walked away leaving me in my thoughts right there. The bell rang and I got up and left for class. I went and sat there with the teacher's words reaching my ears but I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying. Thankfully the class time flew by very fast and I left the campus. I quickly got to the hospital and went to Mafia's room. He laid there with his eyes closed and looked like a little child sleeping.

I smiled and felt better on seeing him good. His oxygen mask was removed and his face showed fully. He had a small bandage on his forehead and some bruises on his face. I slowly walked up to him not wanting to wake him up from his rest. I just stood there and looked at his face and then, my eyes moved to his bandaged arm. I felt horrible. He is here all because of me. I took a stool and sat next to his bed and looked at him sleeping. "Why did you take the bullet that was meant from me?" I asked his sleeping self, "Do you know how terrible I am feeling right now? Who are you to take someone else's bullet on yourself?" He smiled and opened his eyes. I looked at him nervously. He heard what I was saying? He was awake the entire time? "I took the bullet that was meant for me. Not for you," he said. I frowned and stood up. I faced my back to him and said annoyed, "Don't lie! That bullet was meant for me. The man pointed the gun at me. You came in between and took it. And you kept asking that man who is his boss and why he was after me. So don't try fooling me. I know everything. You don't belong on that hospital bed. I do." Suddenly, I felt a figure hovering me from behind. I turned and Mafia was standing behind me. He was standing strong like nothing had ever happened to him in the hospital robe. I held both of his hands and said worried, "Why did you get up? Lie back down." He looked at me with a small smile playing on his face. His eyes went to my hands on his arms and they automatically dropped after that. The atmosphere was becoming awkward. He held both my shoulders and staring into my eyes, he said, "You said that you are amongst my people. Do you know what that means? I can't let you die just so. I have to protect you. And trust me, I will until the day I die. I will never leave your side. I will always stand by you. May come what. You are mine and will always be mine!" I looked at his eyes and knew that very one of his words were sincere. He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead, then holding me close to his chest. I was taken aback. I didn't know how to respond. My face burnt and I know my cheeks was becoming red. I didn't even realise since when he had started affecting me so much. Breaking the hug, he said, "You are going to come here every evening to meet me. Do you understand?" I nodded and said, "On one condition." "What?" He asked. "That you tell me why are those people behind me? What do they want from me?" I asked. His body began stiff and tensed. I looked at him desperately. "Tell me," I pleaded. He frowned and said, "That meeting was all about knowing who is Cubic." I was confused. "Who's Cubic?" I asked. He turned around and said, "You!" I was shocked. "What are you talking about?" I asked.