Part 50

Deep's P.O.V.

I looked at Arohi petrified at what was going to happen. She held my shoulders and began pushing me away saying sobbing, "Deep, leave! I beg of you! Leave! Tell Dad and Ananya that I love them! But you have to go! Deep leave!" I held onto her hand and pulled her close to me aggressively. "I am not leaving you Arohi! If we can't live together, then we will die together!" I said firmly. "Don't be emotional Deep. Leave!" She begged and pushed me away. This was making me more annoyed. I pulled her and hugged her tightly rejecting all her pleads to leave. She tried pushing me away but I closed my eyes and held onto her. "I love you Arohi," I said closing my eyes tightly and cut one of the wires of the bomb, fearing the results. I heard a click as I did so and held her even more tightly. After a few seconds of no pain, I opened my eyes and saw that we were still alive. Arohi was still begging me to leave the building and she kept hitting me. I broke the hug and looked at the bomb which was completely defused and looked at a trembling Arohi with beads of sweat on her forehead. I took a moment or two to comprehend what happened and held onto her shoulders. "Arohi," I said and she opened her eyes, "I did it!" I smiled at her. She looked at me confused and I said it again, "I did it!" I quickly took off the jacket from her body and threw it on the ground. I looked at her and stepped closer. Cupping her face, I said, "I will never let anything happen to you Arohi." She burst out in tears and hugged me. "I love you Deep. I love you very much!" She said hugging me. She soon began to get heavy and her knees began to bend. "Arohi?" I asked as she fell to the ground in my arms. I parted from her and saw her unconscious. Quickly, I picked her up and ran out of the building. The press and shareholders were still outside at the muster point. Avinash came running to me seeing me with Arohi. "Get the car quickly!" I said and he nodded and ran off.

I walked behind with Arohi in my arms and reached the car. Avinash quickly drove off and I sat in the back with Arohi. I reached back to my building and took her back in my arms and went to her apartment. Uncle Navin was already awake and sitting at the table and seeing us, he stood up with fear. "Please, call a doctor!" I said and carried her quickly to her room. Avinash came inside and said, "The doctor will be here soon." "When did Arohi come? And what happened to her?" Uncle Navin asked me scared. "Don't worry Uncle, Arohi will be fine. Nothing can happen to her," I said. He came and sat on the bed at her feet. The door opened and Ananya came inside. She looked at her sister in shock with tears in her eyes. Running to the bed, she sat next to her and held her hand. Rubbing it so that Arohi wakes up, she kept saying, "Arohi, wake up. What happened to you?" Soon, the doctor arrived and he began to examine her. After he was finished, he stood up and said, "She is in shock. Trauma. She is fine and nothing has happen to her but she will remain unconscious." My heart began to throb as I asked, "What do you mean she will remain unconscious?" "I didn't mean coma or anything of the sort. I mean that she can wake up in the next second, minute, hour or day, no one can predict. She can remain so for a day or more even. But she can hear you all. She might even cry in her sleep. Don't worry. I will come back tomorrow morning and check her up. Till then, don't leave her alone. Someone must always be here to talk to her and encourage her," he said. "Don't worry doctor, I will be here with her," I said, "Thank you." Avinash led him outside and Uncle Navin and Ananya stayed and looked at Arohi. "Ananya, can you please do me a favour? Can you change her clothes?" I asked. She nodded and looked at Arohi's clothes confused.

"It's a long story. Change her clothes and I will explain later," I said. "Come Uncle, let us go outside," I said. He nodded and got up. Stepping outside the room, we met Avinash on the phone saying, "Take the corpse away and clean up the auditorium. Also, please give condolences to Mr. Rajin. He has lost his son. He must be sad." He looked at me and said, "That's all." He hung up. Uncle Navin looked at both of us confused and before he could asked, I held his arm and said, "Come, I'll explain." We sat at the table and I began to narrate everything to him. From Arohi coming back as Jogi, to how she got kidnapped, to how she was threatened with her life, her near death experience and how I saved her. After hearing everything, he stood up with tears in his eyes and turned to me and Avinash. Joining his hands in front of us, he said, "I am forever grateful to you two for saving my daughter." Avinash and I looked at each other feeling embarrassed and then turned back to him and was more embarrassed as he was about to bow down to us. Before he could do so, we quickly held him up. "What are you doing Uncle? You are like a father figure to both of us. Don't embarrassed us," I said. Standing back straight, he embraced both of us at the same time and I looked towards Arohi's room door and saw Ananya with tears in her eyes. We parted and I asked, "Can I ask for a favor from you?" "Yes, of course," he said. "Can I stay back with Arohi here tonight?" I asked. He frowned at my request. "The doctor said that someone must remain with her and you are also not well. Ananya might not be able to take care of her because of weakness, I figure that it's best that I remain tonight," I said. He smiled and rested his hand on my shoulder saying, "Of course." I smiled and looked at Avinash. I was angry at him for not telling me about Arohi but what he had done with me, I would have never been able to do it by myself. He showed that he was a true friend and someone greater than a brother. I lashed out at him for no reason.