Part 20

Deep's P.O.V. 

I was so fuming that I myself didn't realise who I was hurting. The image of Arohi kissing Danny was in front of my eyes and I was taking it out on Arohi. She was against the wall and I held onto her shoulders while looking into her teary eyes. Suddenly, before I knew anything else, she pushed me away and I was slapped very hard. I looked at her showing my shock and holding my cheek. Looking at her eyes, I realized how much I hurt her. She held onto her arms and her eyes were filled with tears. I looked at her shoulders and saw my nail prints on her skin painted with blood. I felt terrible. I hurt her so much. I took a step forward towards her but she ran out of the apartment crying. My heart ached. 

Arohi's P.O.V.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever thought that Mafia would hurt me as much as he just did. I walked out of his apartment and looked at all of his staff members looking at me pitiful. I bent my teary eyes and ran back to my room feeling embarrassed. I locked my door and rested my back against it. My knees felt weak and I couldn't remain standing so I slowly dropped on the ground. Hugging my knees and burying my face in my arms, I cried out loud. How can he do this to me? He has never hurt me like this before. So why today? I raised my head and got up. I went to the mirror and looked at my face and messy hair. I took out the blazer and looked at my shoulders with his nail marks clearly visible because of the blood. I closed my eyes and his infuriated image came before me. My heart raced and I opened my eyes at once. I have never been this scared of him before. I sat on the chair at my dresser and unbuttoned the white shirt I had on. I took some cotton and antiseptics and touched the digs. It stung and I hissed. I bit my lip and convinced myself to endure the pain. I slowly cleaned it and used a plaster to cover it up. I changed my clothes and wore a giant sweater and some track pants. I went to my bathroom and dashed some cold water on my face to forget my pain but it was no use. I went back to my room and sat on my bed. I took up my phone and dialed Danny's number. "Hello?" I heard Sarah's voice. "Hello, can I speak to Danny please?" I asked. "I'm sorry, he is sleeping. Do you want to call back after some time?" she said. I frowned. I can't even talk to him right now. Who am I going to talk with to reduce this pain inside me? "It's ok," I said and hang up. I heaved a sigh and laid on my bed. I stared at the ceiling until someone knocked on my room's door. I got up and took some deep breaths. I wiped all my tears away and plastered a fake smile on my face in case it was Dad. I didn't want him to be worried about anything. I opened the door and peeped outside. Ananya stood at the door and looked at me with a frown. 

My fake smile was soon wiped off. She pushed the door open and came inside. I closed it behind her and turned to look at her sitting on my bed. She spread her arms out calling my to come to her. I ran to her and engulfed her in a hug. My tears came again. She caressed my back lovingly, giving me solace. "Shh...Arohi...shh," she whispered sweetly. I broke the hug and she cupped my face. Her both thumbs then wiped the tears from my wet cheeks. She made me rest my head in her lap and she played with my back. Both of us were silent for a while until she broke the silence saying, "Arohi...you really love him, don't you?" I closed my eyes and Mafia's face came to me. "A lot," I said. "Then what's Deep's problem with your love?" she asked, "If you really love Danny, then what does Deep have to do with that?" I opened my eyes and got up. Looking at her, I asked confused, "Danny?" "Yes, isn't he the guy you love?" she asked me sounding obvious. I lowered my eyes. I really thought that she was talking about Mafia. "What's wrong?" she asked me concerned. Shaking my head from side to side, I said, "Nothing. I just want to sleep for a while. I am really drained." She planted a kiss on my forehead and asked, "Do you want me to talk to Deep?" "No!" I said abruptly. She looked at me taken aback and I said, "Please, this is my matter, I will take care of it myself. I just want to sleep. Please." She smiled and nodded. She then got up and left my room. I laid on my bed and took the blanket over me. Gathering all the remaining strength in me, I closed my eyes.