Part 68

Arohi's P.O.V.

"I didn't attempt suicide Arohi," Ananya said. "Then?" I asked. "After I left Avinash's apartment, I came back and told Dad that I wanted to leave tonight itself. I took a knife and went to my room. But it wasn't to cut my wrist," she said. "Then?" I asked. "What do I do with I'm very angry or upset?" she asked. "You eat..." I said and stopped. She nodded. "I had a bowl of fruits in my room so I took the knife for that. As I was about to cut the pineapple, the knife slipped and cut my wrist," she said. I looked at her shocked for a few seconds. "Can't you do something properly?" I scolded her. "I was so stressed and upset, my eyes were blurry with my tears and I didn't really think what I was doing," she said. "Are you crazy? Have you gone nuts? Do you know our state when we saw you like that?" I shouted at her. She remained silent. "Why didn't you at least tell Dad what you were taking the knife for? You had scared us all to death!" I scolded. "Even Dad knows what I do when I'm stressed," she said. I stood up and turned around frustrated. "Arohi," she said, "Please call Avinash for me." I turned and looked at her. "I need to talk to him," she said. "You don't need to talk to anyone! Get well and then you can talk to him," I said. "No Arohi, I know what guilt feels like. I need to tell him that I didn't attempt suicide and he doesn't need to go anywhere," she said. I sighed and said, "Ok, I'll try." I took my phone and called him but he wasn't answering. I tried about three times but he didn't pick up. I turned back to Ananya and shook my head. She frowned. Sitting back at her bed, I said, "He isn't picking up." "Call Deep," she said. I nodded. I called Mafia and he answered at once. "How is Ananya? Do you need anything?" he asked worried. "Ananya is fine. She wants to talk to Avinash," I said. "Avinash?" he said. "Yes," I said. I looked at her as her eyes were slowly closing. Very soon, she slept away. It must be because of the heavy medication. I got up and walked away from the bed. I went outside and sat on the chair.

"She didn't attempt suicide," I said. "What?" he whispered in disbelief. I buried my face in my hand and said, "I wish you were with me right now. I am missing you." "As you wish, I am coming," he said. "No! It's ok. Besides, you are bringing Dad back this evening with dinner. I'll talk to you then," I said. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Yeah," I said. "Take care then. Don't stress too much. Love you," he said. "Bye," I said. I hang up the phone and sat in the chair for a while. I got up and went back to the room. 

Deep's P.O.V.

Arohi hang up the phone and I began to get a bit concerned about her. I took up my wallet and walked out of my room. "Deepu, where are you going?" Uncle Zeeshan asked me as I walking out. "I am going back to the hospital. Arohi needs me," I said. "Is everything alright? Is Ananya fine?" he asked worried. "Ananya is fine Uncle. I am going to meet Arohi," I said. He smiled and said, "Ok. Well in that case, I will bring Navin when I am coming." "Thanks Uncle," I said and was about to leave when he stopped me asking, "Shall I pack some food for Arohi?" This sounded like a good idea. Besides, she haven't eaten well. "Yes Uncle," I said. He smiled and packed the food for her. Handing it to me, he said, "Take care of her." "I will," I said. I left and went back to the hospital. I went to Ananya's room and saw Arohi sitting on a sofa rubbing her temple. I went and sat on the hand rest of the same sofa and she then noticed me. Looking at me surprised, she said, "Didn't I tell you that you didn't need to come." I smiled and held her temples. I began pressing and massaging them saying, "You did. But I couldn't help myself. I had to come." She smiled and closed her eyes. She leaned back on the sofa and I continued to massage her head. "Why didn't you take any medicines for your headache?" I asked. "This is not my home. This is a hospital," she said. "Exactly. You could have got the medicines easily," I said. "Leave all that. You have come, I don't need any medicines. Your touch is enough," she said. "Oh really!" I said. I stroked her cheek. Pushing my hand away, she said, "Stop it! It's a hospital!" "I'm sorry," I said and massaged her head. I remembered the food and got up. "Oh I forgot! Uncle Zeeshan sent food for you. You haven't eaten well, this is why your head must be hurting," I said. I sat on the side sofa and opened the bowl. Taking a spoon, I took some and fed her. She closed her eyes and savored the taste in her mouth satisfied. "You're right. I needed this," she said. "See, and you are saying that I shouldn't have come," I said and fed her another morsel.