Part 85

Avinash's P.O.V.

"You don't have to worry about me my dear ex-wife. There are people to do that," I said with a smile looking at Ananya. Looking back at her, I said, "You should begin to worry about yourself because very soon, the staff of the mental hospital is coming for you." She looked at me silently with widened eyes. "They are here already Avinash," Deep sir said. Looking behind him, there were two men standing. They came and held onto Sonia's arms and began pulling her away as she continued to scream and threaten, "You all won't get away with this! I'll see you all! You are going to pay!" I went and stood behind Ananya. Turning around, she had tears in her eyes. Finally, I am hers and only hers. Deep and Arohi came to us. "I know that this wasn't part of your plan but my sister is a bit stubborn. She wouldn't have believed if you brought a video for her. So, for her to see for herself, we brought her here," Arohi said. I looked at Ananya with a smile and said, "I know her. Thanks." "Don't mention," Deep said. I went closer to him and held his shoulder, "I'm sorry. I know that you had lost your best friend for the past six years and I only remained with you as your underling. But, you guys brought me back...Deep." He looked at me and smiled. "Won't you forgive your best friend?" I asked. He smiled happily and hugged me. "Welcome back buddy," he said. I parted and looked at Ananya. I went back to her when Arohi said behind my back, "Shall we go now? We have to go to the campus." I turned around disrupted and saw her looking at Deep. He smiled and looked at me. "Avinash, go and drop Ananya home and come to the campus," he said smiling. I bent my head and nodded. They turned around and left us. I looked back at Ananya and smiled. She lowered her head and asked, "Shall we go?" "Ananya..." I started but she walked away leaving me taken aback. I turned around and began following her but as I was passing in front of Dr. Phillip's office, I decided to thank him for helping me.

I knocked on the door and he gave me permission to come inside. Walking inside, he stood up and said, "Congratulations Mr. Avinash. You have won." I smiled and said, "It was impossible without you. Thank you." "Mention not. It was a pleasure," he said. I smiled and shook his hand. "I would have stayed longer but I have to go to work now," I said. "Don't worry about it. Have a nice day," he said. "You too," I said and left. I stepped outside the hospital and looked towards my car. Ananya was standing there folding her arms and looking annoyed. What's wrong with her now? I went up to her but before I could ask her, she said, "Let's go." She turned around and went to the door and held the knob. I went and stood behind her and asked, "What's wrong? Why are you behaving like this?" She turned around angrily and said, "How could you! How could you even do this with someone?" Looking at her confused, I asked, "What did I do?" "You acted like a beast with Sonia!" she exclaimed. I looked at her stunned. "What did you expect me to do? I have to act with a beast like a beast!" I said frustrated. "I didn't expect this from you Avinash," she said. "What's your problem? Huh? Tell me, what do you want from me?" I saying holding her shoulders. She looked at me with tears and said, "You are behaving the same with me. So does that make me a beast too?" Her words made my grip loosened and I looked at her silently. "You really don't understand me, don't you?" I said. "I thought I did. But perhaps, I am mistaken," she said. Her words broke my heart. "Then I'm sorry. I can't change your opinion of me no matter how much I want to," I said. I walked to the other side of the car and opened it. I sat inside and held the steering wheel fuming. She sat inside and I sped the car off. I drove the fastest I could. "Avinash, slow down," Ananya said scared. I only held onto the wheel tighter and let my anger out on the car. I reached back to the building within minutes and stopped, screeching the tires. Without looking at her, I said, "Go inside. I have to go to work." I could feel her stare on me for a while and she opened the door and went inside.

I slammed my hand against the steering wheel in anger. "What was I thinking and what happened?" I asked myself. I shut my eyes and leaned my head back disappointed. I started the car and drove back to the campus. I reached and got out. I entered the office and met the clerk for Deep's briefing. I went to his office and he looked at me surprised. "You are here so early? I wasn't expecting that," he said. I opened the file and began the briefing with all my anger still inside me and building. He looked at me and stood up coming to me. He stood in front of me and asked, "What happened?" "Nothing," I said gritting my teeth. He looked at me and took away the file. "Ananya?" he asked. "I don't understand her! What does she want? She is calling me a beast for the way I chose for Sonia's revelation," I said. "Did you tell her your feelings?" he asked. "It's no use," I said. "Take the day off and go and plan something for her. Perhaps after she knows how you really feel about her, she might listen," he said. Shaking my head, I said, "Why should I put in the effort? She can also try and understand me?" "Ego!" he said walking behind me, "This man ego is a grave thing Avinash. It can end a relationship." "But can't she understand me? Or try at least?" I asked frustrated. "Avinash, buddy, tell me one thing, who do you love?" he asked. "Ananya," I said. "Exactly, these two sisters. Can they be straight?" he asked. I chuckled and bent my head. "Avinash, try this one more time. I'm sure that she will understand and listen to your point of view. And if she doesn't, then her loss," he said. Maybe he is right. I should try this time. But only this time. If she doesn't understand me, then that's her problem and I won't try anything else to make her listen. I nodded and he smiled. "Bravo," he said. I hugged him and said, "Thanks." I left and went to prepare something for her.