Part 12

Arohi's P.O.V. 

The helicopter landed on top of Mafia's building where he had his heliport. He got out and walked away. I knew he was angry with me. I ran behind him and calling out to him a few times, he finally stopped with me saying, "I'm sorry." I really was. He turned around and looked at me. My eyes began to well up. I really thought I was going to lose his friendship. "I didn't even know that the present you bought me was a phone. I didn't even open it. I promise I will never ignore you again. Just this last time, please forgive me?" I pleaded. "Promise me that you won't leave me," he said coming closer to me. As he reached close to me, I said, "I promise I won't disobey you ever again." He held my shoulders and said, "Promise me that you won't leave me." I looked into his eyes and said, "I promise to repay the debt and without doing so, I won't leave." "You won't leave me. I want to hear that," he said. I nodded and said, "I promise, I won't leave you." He looked at me for a moment and then came closer to me and kissed my forehead. He then pulled me closer and hugged me tightly. I could have hardly breathe. After sometime, he broke the hug and then said turning his back to me, "From tomorrow onwards, you will come and visit me everyday. You cannot miss a single day. You must come EVERYDAY! This is your punishment." He seemed like he is back to normal. "But what about my jobs? Where will I get money to repay you?" I asked. "You don't have to work on the construction site anymore. And as for how you will earn, I will pay you," he said. I went closer to him and asked, "I can't even miss one day?" "No! I want to know everything about Ananya. Every single thing. From the smallest to the biggest," he said. "Even her personal stuff?" I asked. "Yes," he said. "Ok then, I will write down everything and bring it for you tomorrow. You can read it," I said. "No! You must come and tell me face to face! One thing everyday until the day everything is told," he said. I stood surprised. "One thing a day?" I asked. "Yes," he said. "But that will take forever," I lamented. "This is your punishment," he said. I frowned and said, "Ok." He left me there and I touched my forehead where he kissed a while ago. I bent my head blushing. I then left and went home. Reaching the cabin, I saw my bag inside on my bed. Seems like Avinash brought it back for me. I took out the gift and opened it knowing already what was inside. 

I unwrapped the gift which was wrapped very crappy and saw a picture of the phone on the box. My mouth dropped. Such an expensive phone! I can't keep such an expensive phone. I will return it tomorrow and ask for a very simple and cheap phone. I decided to go through the phone a bit and see its features. Looking through my contacts, I saw only one person. Whose number is this? I decided to call to find out. I pressed the call button and placed it to my ear. "Hello?" Mafia said from the other side. I was dumbfounded. I quickly hang up and tried to calm my racing heart. I am such a fool! I took some deep breaths and told myself, "I am cool. I am cool." Why did I call the number? I cursed myself. What will Mafia think of me? After sometime, I heard someone knocking on my door. I looked at the time and it was already after midnight. Who can it be so late? A theif?! Those people who want to kill me! I gulped down my saliva and took up a piece of wood which was laying in my cabin. Slowly, the knocking started to increase and became harder. I got even more scared. Who can it be? Must be those people! I slowly walked to the door and contemplated on if I should open it or not. My hand rested on the doorknob and I slowly and cautiously turned it. The door flung open all of a sudden and the piece of wood in my hand landed on the head of the person who barged inside. When I saw the person however, I regretted my actions immediately. It was Mafia! He held his head and hissed in pain. He looked at me angrily as I looked at him scared. I am dead for sure now! He moved his hand from the injury and there was a small cut on his forehead with blood showing. I looked at him worried and he asked, "What are you trying to do?" I walked up to him quickly and worried. "I'm sorry. I thought that you came to kill me. Or you came to steal from me. Forgive me," I said. He looked at me confused and asked, "What?" I frowned. "Come, I will dress your wound," I said to him. He sat on my bed and I took the first aid kit and sat next to him. He held his small cut. I took some cotton and soaked it with antiseptic. I slowly touched his cut and he hissed.