Part 8

Arohi's P.O.V.

I took out my cube in class and began to play with it while thinking about Mafia. What is his problem? He is after everyone in my life. First my sister, and now Danny. What does he want from me? I was lost in my thoughts and played with the cube when it got snatched away from me forcefully. The teacher held it in her hand and looked at me disappointed. "Don't you know these stuff aren't allowed in school?" She asked. I stood up and asked her nicely, "I'm sorry. I won't bring it back. Can you please give it back to me?" She looked at me annoyed and asked, "Are you serious? You are asking me back for it?" I looked her in the eyes and said, "Yes ma'am. I need it back. Please?" She seemed to get more angry and exclaimed, "And you think that answering back your teacher is something really cool don't you?" I rolled my eyes at her and twisted my mouth. "Come with me young lady. You have to go to the principal. You are too disrespectful. Only he can teach you manners now," she said. This was getting very annoying now and I asked, "Why do you always have to bring him up? You always threaten to carry me to him. Do you like him so much? I know all of the girls in the university is crazy for him. But I didn't know teachers were included." All the students began whispering. The teacher looked nervous. Wait what I said was true? Who cares? "Come with me! You shameless girl!" She shouted. She held my hand and literally dragged me to the office block. Entering, I knew Mafia wouldn't do anything to me and I sat down comfortably on one of the chairs. She asked to meet him and the clerk said, "I'm really sorry. He is in an important meeting right now." I giggled. She turned around and shot a glare at me. I stopped. She turned back and said, "Can you please call and tell him that it is I that want to speak to him? He will surely let me in." I began to enjoy this. She really is crazy after Mafia. I smiled and sat back and looked on. The clerk called and said, "Sir. Sorry to disturb but Miss Edwards is here to see you. Shall I send her in?" After a while, she hang up and said, "I'm sorry. Sir said that he won't meet anyone at the moment." I started laughing loudly. She turned around very angry and glared at me. Between my laughs, I said, "But he would meet you anytime won't he ma'am?" She was annoyed. Really very annoyed. I just sat there laughing.

After a while, she turned around and told the clerk, "I need to complain about this student, Arohi Kashyap. Please just call him once more and tell him." Avinash walked out the same time and looked at me. "What's all this about? Why were you laughing like a donkey in this area?" He asked the teacher. I controlled my urge to burst out in laughter again. She looked shocked. She looked at him and said, "No sir. It was not me who was laughing so. It was her." She pointed me and his eyes came back on me. "What did she do?" Avinash asked. "She was playing with this in the middle of my class," she said showing him the cube. He looked at me and said nothing. His silence was asking me if it was true. I stood up and said, "I need this back Avinash. I really do." Then I realised that I called him just Avinash. I looked at the teacher and she looked at me shocked. Then without wasting another second, she turned back to him and said, "Do you see how disrespectful she is? She calls people by their first names. No manners." Avinash raised his hand signalling her to stop talking and he looked at me. I bent my head and said, "Sorry." He took the cube from her and said, "You two can leave now." My teacher then said, "But I want to see....I mean speak to Mr. Deep." I controlled my laughter. He looked at her and said sternly, "You have spoken to me. That's enough. You don't have to speak to him now. You can go." She frowned and said ok. She then looked at me annoyed and said, "Let's go." She turned around and began to walk. I stood and looked at my cube with a heavy heart. "Go to your class," Avinash said. I turned around and walked away sadly while turning back and looking at my cube again and again sadly. Avinash just stood there and shook his head in disappointment. Once back in class, I went and sat back down with Danny frowning. The teacher spent the rest of the class speaking about respect and why we should respect our elders. I knew she was throwing all the tantrums for me. Maybe she was angry that she didn't see...I mean speak to Mafia. This was the best part of today so far. Finally, after her preaching was finished, the bell rang and everyone left. I had to go back for my cube by Mafia and went straight to the office block again. Entering, I demanded on seeing him and when the clerk called him, he allowed me at once. I entered his office and he sat there and looked at me with my cube in his hands.