Part 43

Deep's P.O.V.

I sat in my office bubbling with excitement on what Avinash found out about that Joginder Sahni. I just couldn't wait anymore and I decided to go and check for myself. I got up and as I reached the door to exit my office, I saw them outside. "Come in," I said and went back to my chair. I sat down waiting for an excuse to fire this man. "So tell me, how was the test?" I asked. They both looked at each other and Avinash turned to me saying, "Is it ever possible that Arohi send a wrong person to work for you sir?" I looked at him silently. "I interrogated him very well sir, and there is no danger from him," he said looking at Joginder. Joginder smiled brightly and looked at me. "Oh! So does this mean that I get to keep my job?" he shouted. "Yes," Avinash said. I rolled my eyes. Darn! The last reason that I had to throw this man out is also gone. What will I do now? How do I get rid of him? I looked at Avinash and said, "Ok, you can go." Both of them turned around and left. I sat in my office rubbing my temple thinking. Perhaps I can convince Arohi in another way to try and fire him. If I convince her that he is not a good person and he is dangerous for me, then she will definitely ask me to fire him. This sounds like a plan. I heard a knock on my door and looked up. Joginder stood there with a small smile. "Can I come in sir?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. He has come to give me a next headache! I nodded while continuing to rub my temple. He came inside and stood in front of me. "What is it?" I asked. "Sir I'm sorry," he said. I looked at him surprised as he continued, "I know that I am a bit annoying. But what can I do? That's just how I am. But I promise, I won't ever give you any complaints. Whatever I do, I will do it to the best of my ability. And I won't ever let you down." I sat in my chair staring at him after his words in shock. "One more thing sir, I know that in this profession, it's hard to trust people. But I assure you, if you can trust Arohi so blindly, then you can trust me too," he said.

I could hear how truthful he was from his tone. I began to feel horrible now. Perhaps he's right. I should genuinely give him a chance. He might prove worthy of it. He turned away sadly and began to walk to the door. "Joginder," I said stopping him. I cleared my throat feeling awkward after our previous encounters and said, "You can join us for breakfast tomorrow morning." He turned around and grinned at me. "Oh really! Thank you so much! Ok! I will be there at 7 am! And please tell your cook to cook a little more extra! You see, I am a Punjabi! I eat a lot!" he shouted in his normal tone. I cringed a bit and nodded. He left my office rejoicing. "Oh God! I only hope I didn't make any mistake in inviting him!" I thought to myself. I called Avinash inside my cabin. When he reached, I said, "I want all the information you gathered about Joginder. What were his answers? Did he lie about anything?" He stood and looked at me quietly for a while. "What happened?" I asked. "Sir, he spilled everything about his life. He is an orphan. He came from India a month ago and has been staying on rent. He was searching for a job and met Arohi during that time. I asked him about Rajiv and Patrick and he told the truth that he is not involved with them. In fact, he is the one who lied to Patrick that Arohi is in India. So today, if Arohi has lessened danger from Patrick, it's because of him," he said. I nodded and listened to everything. "So this means that he is completely safe," I said. "Yes sir," he replied. Now I was feeling even more horrible. I suspected him for nothing. "We have not done good to him Avinash. He was innocent all along and we suspected him. We even made him go through a lie detector," I said with a frown. "Our profession demands it sir. And he understands this fact," he said. "Yeah. Anyways, I am leaving now. I am going home," I said. He looked at his watch and asked, "So soon?"

"I have decided to eat dinner with Uncle Navin and Ananya tonight. I am going home to make preparations for that," I said packing my laptop away. "Sure sir. I will meet you this evening if possible then," he said. I looked at him with a frown and asked, "Won't you join us?" "No sir. I have some errands to complete tonight," he said. I understood. I took my bag and walked in front of him. "You aren't coming because of Ananya aren't you?" I asked. "Please sir. I have no reason to avoid the dinner because of her. I have some work to do," he said bending his head. I held his shoulder and said, "Ok then. If you finish your work early, please come. I have something to talk about also. I would be glad if you are with us." I left and went outside to my car, sat down and drove off.