Part 73

Avinash's P.O.V.

I sat outside the room and couldn't find peace. My heart feared the result. I got up and walked left to right feeling restless. With this feeling, I walked away without direction and was walking in front of Ananya's room when I heard something forcing me to stop. "Avinash....Avinash...." I heard in a painful voice. I looked inside and saw Ananya with her eyes closed but her head turning from side to side and her body trembling. Seems as if she was seeing a nightmare. I went inside and began caressing her head trying to calm her down saying, "Ananya. Calm down. I am here. Listen, I am here." Her body stopped trembling and she calmed down but a tear dropped down from the corner of her eyes. I felt an uneasy feeling in my chest seeing this and I sat down next to her. My thumb wiped it away and without my own knowing, my eyes welled up. What dream was she seeing such that she was crying? I sat and held her hand while caressing her hairline. I sat there and looked at her for a few minutes. She was absolutely beautiful. Both inside and outside. Thank God I walked this side otherwise who would have calmed her down? I looked at her and continued what I was doing. "Avinash!" Sonia shouted behind me. I quickly turned around and saw her standing at the door with Dr. Phillip. I looked at Ananya still fast asleep and rested her hand down on the bed. I stood up and went outside. "What are you doing here?" Sonia asked annoyed. "Calm down. Don't get hyper, I was only passing and Ananya needed me. Anyways, leave that," I said and turned to Dr. Phillip asking, "What's wrong?" "Come with me, I need to ask you some questions," he said. I looked at Sonia worried and followed him to an office. We sat opposite him and he said, "The tests are done but I need to know what line of treatment is your wife taking so I can advise if we can continue on that path or switch." I looked at Sonia unable to answer this because I didn't know. Sonia looked at the doctor silently. "What are the names of your medicines?" I asked.

She looked away and held her head and hissed in pain. "I can't remember the names at the moment," she said. "It's ok. Don't put pressure on your brain. It happens in this condition," the doctor said. I rested my hand on her shoulder and said, "Don't stress." "Mr. Avinash, when you reach home, you can send me a picture of the prescription and medicines," he said. "Doc, how long will the results take to come?" I asked. "For the most, it might take two weeks but for you, I can see what I can get done for it to come earlier," he said. "No!" Sonia exclaimed. I looked at her surprised. "Let the results take the full time. If we get the results too quickly, then there can be some mistakes and shortcomings. So it's best that it takes it's full time," she said. I agreed. I didn't want any mistakes. "I second that," I said. "As you wish. But I would advise that you send me the medicines as soon as possible so that we can move forward," he said. I stood up and shook his hand saying, "Thank you Dr. Phillip. This means a lot." We left the office and while walking through the corridor, I said, "I'll drop you home." She stopped and looked at me asking, "Do you have to go somewhere?" "I have to come back to Ananya," I said. "What do you mean that you have to?" she asked. "I promised her," I said. "One minute," she said, "You had left very early this morning also, is it to come here?" I bent my head and nodded. "Why?" she asked. "Ananya is my friend," I said. "Is she more important than your wife?" she asked. I held her shoulders and said, "Calm down. Listen to me. I promised her that when she opens her eyes this morning, she will find me. I came to fulfil that." "And if I take a promise like that from you, will you fulfil it?" she asked. "Of course I will," I said. "Then promise me that you will come home with me right now and not leave me," she said. I sighed feeling trapped and said, "I'm sorry. I promised Ananya that I would meet her this evening and I can't break it. But I can promise you that I will be back at the soonest." 

She looked away annoyed. "Fine, this is the last promise I am not going to agree for," I said. I side hugged her and we walked out of the hospital. Leaving, we bounced into Arohi and she looked at me surprised. "Avinash, I thought that you had some important errands. What are you doing here? Oh my God! Is Ananya alright?" she asked getting hyper. I smiled and said, "Ananya is fine. She's sleeping. I came for Sonia's checkup." "What happened to her?" she asked. "She has a..." I started but Sonia held her temple and said, "Avinash, please let's go. My head is hurting." I nodded and looked back at Arohi saying, "I'm going to drop her home and come back." We left her there and went to the car. Once I began to drive back, Sonia said, "Please don't tell any strangers about me. I don't want anyone's sympathy." I smiled and said, "Arohi is not a stranger. She's like my little sister. She has come here about a year and some months ago." "For what?" she asked. "As collateral for a debt her Dad took from Deep sir," I said. "Is that so?" she said. "Yes. But she came and changed everything here," I said. "Like?" she asked. "The atmosphere and the biggest thing, Deep sir," I said giggling. "What do you mean?" she asked. "She made a man like Deep sir fall in love," I said. "What!" she exclaimed. I nodded. "Yes she did! Deep is crazy in love with her," I said. I looked at her shocked face with her lips in an o. "Are you dumbfounded?" I asked. "How can a girl like she make Deep fall in love? That's impossible. There must be some trick that this girl is doing," she said. "I know it's hard to believe but it happened. My best man is in love," I said smiling. I reached back to the building and said, "Once you reach upstairs, send me the medicines." I looked at her in some deep thoughts with a long face and snapped my fingers in front of her. She came out of her dreamland and asked, "What?" I chuckled and said, "We have reached. Once you reach upstairs, send me the pictures of the medicines." She frowned and nodded. She got out and I drove back to the hospital.