Part 16

Deep's P.O.V.

Mr. Navin started to look nervous when he came to meet me. I gave him all the space and time for him to say what he wanted. Downstairs he said that he wanted to discuss something important. I sipped on my tea and looked at him sitting opposite me. "Mr. Raichand, I need to tell you something very important. But I don't know where to start," he said. "Take your time," I said. He cleared his throat and rest the cup down. "It is about Arohi's father," he said. I stopped and looked at him confused for a while. "Arohi is not my daughter," he said. I was left in disbelief. "You must remember your father's secret advisor, Mr. Khanna," he said. I nodded. "When Arohi was born, his wife passed away and due to the danger which came along with his work, he couldn't take care of his daughter and hence, he gave her to me," he said. I was beyond disbelief. "You must have found out by now that Arohi is not any normal person. Her IQ is quite higher than a normal person. That's why I sent her here in place of Ananya. "But how did you know know Mr. Khanna?" I asked. "We both went to the same school and he was my best friend. That's why to keep Arohi safe, he gave her to me," he said. I didn't know what else to say about this. "Does Arohi know about this?" I asked. "No. She grew up thinking that I am her biological father and believes that Ananya is her blood sister," he said, "But that doesn't mean that I don't love her. I love her just as much as I love my own daughter, Ananya." "I had to tell you this so that you know the truth why I sent Arohi here. She was perfect for coming here. She always say that she can camouflage into any situation. She was right," he said. "Do you want Arohi to find out about this truth?" I asked. He shook his head saying, "I don't want her to feel orphaned. I would never want her to find out the truth of her birth." I nodded. What pain it is to be an orphan, I can understand and I don't want Arohi to feel like me. "Then, she wouldn't find out the truth," I said. "Thank you," he said standing up. I also stood up and watched him as he walked out the door. 

I sat back down and sighed. His words rang in my head. I could have never thought that Arohi is Mr. Khanna's daughter. This is a shock! Avinash came with some papers and said to me, "Sir, I need your signatures." I took it and signed it still lost about what Mr. Navin told me. "Are you alright sir?" Avinash asked. I nodded and he said, "You don't look so." I sighed and said, "Arohi is not Mr. Navin's daughter." He looked just as shocked as I was when I found out. "What?" he asked. I nodded. "Does she know this?" he asked. "He doesn't want her to know the truth. And do you know who is her biological father?" I said. "Who?" he asked. "Mr. Khanna, Dad's secret advisor," I said. He got another shock and exclaimed, "What!" I nodded. There was a moment of silence. "I am going to meet her," I said and stood up. I left my apartment and went down to the third floor where they were staying. I knocked on the door. Ananya opened the door and smiled at me. I held a stern face. "Where is Arohi?" I asked. "She is inside. Come in," she said smiling. I walked in and said, "I hope you don't have any complaints about the apartment." I turned around and looked at her. She only smiled. "No not at all!" she said. "Arohi!" I called. "Oh! Arohi isn't here, she went to her old place for her belongings," she said. "But you told me that she was here," I said annoyed. "Oh! I am sorry. If I had told you that she wasn't here, then you wouldn't have come inside," she said. I looked at her like are-you-serious. She bent her head and blushed. I rolled my eyes and said, "When Arohi comes, tell her to come and meet me." I was about to walk out when she said, "Please stay. I mean, she will be here shortly. Please sit." I guess I will just wait for her. I sat down at the table and she came and sat opposite me. I took out my phone and playing a car racing game I had. "What are you doing?" Ananya asked me curious. She rested her hands on the table and leaned forward. "Playing a game," I said. "What game?" she asked. I sighed and said, "When Arohi comes, tell her to come and meet me." She stood up and looked at me and said, "I'm sorry. I was just trying to strike up a conversation with you. If I said anything wrong, I am sorry."