Part 18

Deep's P.O.V.

I sat on the ground by my bed inside my room with my half filled glass. The picture of Arohi and Danny came to my mind and it hurt me. I was hurting and Arohi didn't care about my pain. She was happy in her life without me and I was yearning here for her. I shut my eyes tightly and the few tears I had in my eyes dropped down. I soon felt a hand running through the hair on my head most lovingly and I looked up and exclaimed, "Arohi!..." My tongue stopped when I saw who it actually was and I was left there stunned for a while. My eyes welled up more after seeing him and I got up and embraced him crying, "Uncle Zeeshan!" He caressed my back as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Deepu...what's wrong? Why are you crying like this?" he asked consoling me. I just wanted to remain with him forever. He broke the hug after some time and wiped my tears. "Tell me son, what's wrong?" he asked. I shook my head and said, "Nothing Uncle. I was missing you." He smiled at me and hugged me once more saying, "I am here now. You have nothing to worry about anymore." I took a deep breath and pulled back from the hug. I was feeling a bit better after meeting him and I said, "Sit down. I will bring some water for you." I put him to sit on my bed and went to the kitchen. While I was pouring some water in a glass, Uncle Zeeshan came. He took the glass from me and drank the water. "How was your trip Uncle?" I asked him. "Very well. It was so relaxing and peaceful," he said. "You must be very tired. Please take some rest," I said to him avoiding eye contact so that he doesn't see all the pain in my eyes. I was about to leave him in the kitchen when  he held me back and asked me, "Where are you going?" "I have some work to finish. Once I am done, I will come back to meet you," I said. He let go of my hand and I walked out of the kitchen. I was feeling very much energized after meeting him. I walked into my office and sat behind my laptop. Opening it, I began to read some documents but my mind was only straying to the picture of Danny and Arohi. 

I closed my eyes and leaned back on my chair. I heard some footsteps and knew whose their were and kept my eyes closed. "Sir, someone is here to see you," Avinash said to me. "I am not feeling too good, tell them to come back later," I said. "But sir, she is saying that she needs to talk to you very urgently," he said. I opened my eyes and shouted back at him, "Didn't I tell you?! I don't want to meet anyone right now!" He lowered his head and said, "I understand sir. I am sorry." I felt horrible for shouting at him. He turned around and I stopped him, "I am sorry. I am just very tensed and I took out my anger on you. I apologise." He turned and looked at me and with a small smile, said, "It's ok sir. I understand." "Send the person in," I said. "Yes sir," he said and left. I leaned back again on my chair and closed my eyes. Taking some deep breaths, I tried to calm myself for the meeting. I was waiting for the sound of the person's footsteps but I didn't hear any. When I opened my eyes, Arohi was standing in front of me. I looked at her surprised. She had a long face. I looked at her annoyed for a while and then asked her, "What is it? I have a meeting with someone else right now. Whatever you have to say, make it snappy." She bent her head and said, "I am the person with whom you have a meeting." I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "So why did you come here like a stranger and ask for permission to meet me?" I asked. "I didn't know if I had the right to come and meet you without permission," she said. "Just say what you have to say and leave please," I said frustrated. "Sir, I have come to apologise for whatever I did to you. I know that I should have asked permission before leaving this morning but I didn't Please don't punish my sister for this mistake of mine. Please don't abandon her," she said. I looked at her annoyed and silent at her words. With her eyes welling up, she said, "Please sir, say something." I stood up and went closer to her. Staring into her eyes, I said, "Since when have I started making a difference to you?"

She raised her eyes to meet mine. "Since when do you care about me?" I asked. She raised her hand and covered my mouth saying, "No sir. Don't say that I don't care about you. I care about you very much." I looked into her eyes and removing her hand from my mouth, asked, "From what relation? Which relation do we share that gives you the right to care about me?" I stared into her eyes. Come on Arohi! Say it! Say that you love me! Please say it! "As a friend, I care about you sir," she said avoiding eye contact. I was disappointed. I stepped back away from her and looked at her with fury. "I won't punish your sister for your deed. I can't punish any innocent for the wrongdoer. Is this what you wanted to hear? I said it. Leave now!" I said to her. She frowned with tears in her eyes. It pained me to see the tears and she turned around and walked out of the office. I gave in to my ego and ran out behind her. "Stop!" I said. She stopped and turned to look at me. I walked up to her and pushed my hand inside my pocket. I took out my handkerchief and gave it to her saying, "Wipe your tears." I still didn't meet eyes with her while giving it because my ego was still very big. She slowly took it and wiped her tears. "I'll wash it and give it back," she said. I looked at her and grabbed it from her hand saying, "No need!" I left her there and went back into my office. "Deepu!" I heard Uncle Zeeshan calling me. I left the office and went to Uncle Zeeshan's room. Entering, he had his suitcase opened in front of him. "Can you just help me pack these things away?" he asked. I nodded with a smile. This is perhaps one of the things that he can't do to save his life. He loves travelling but can't pack or unpack. He also doesn't trust anyone besides me or Avinash to pack for him. I began to take out his clothes from the suitcase and pack them away in the cupboard as he sat on the bed and read a book. "There is something for you inside there also," he said. "I know," I said with a bright smile. "How?" he asked. "Is it possible that you go somewhere and don't bring back something for me?" I asked.