Part 42

Avinash's P.O.V.

I had left Deep sir's office to go and call Joginder when I saw something shocking me. Joginder was already here but that wasn't it. He was shaking hands with Patrick! Was he conjoint with Patrick to find out about Arohi? Is this why he came here to work? To gather information on Arohi for the police? He noticed me after some seconds and parted his hand immediately. He chuckled nervously as I approached them. Standing in front of him with the most serious face I had, Patrick said, "I need to speak to Deep Raichand! And it's important." Patrick left me there with Joginder and went inside Deep sir's cabin. "Oh! I thought that you guys might need my help with something so I came," he said in his loud tone. "Good you came. I was only about to call you," I said staring at him with narrowed eyes. He looked nervous at my stare and said, " Oh! Ok then! I'll go and meet Deep sir!" He walked around me and stopped halfway reaching Deep sir's office and turned back to look at me nervous.

Arohi's P.O.V.

Why was Avinash staring at me as if I am some criminal? I left him there and went inside Mafia's cabin where Patrick was. I stood at the door and knocked. Both of them looked at me and Mafia said, "Come in." I went inside slowly. "So, what was I telling you? Yes! Arohi Kashyap! You still don't remember who she is, right?" Patrick asked Mafia. Avinash came and stood next to me making me feel nervous again. His aura didn't seem pleasant. I knew that he must have found out something. Was it that I am Arohi? My heartbeat fastened with anxiety on if he would expose me in front of Mafia. If Mafia finds out that I am in disguise here, he will surely deport me back to India this time! I tried hard to avoid eye contact with Avinash. "I told you already a million times, I don't know any Arohi Kashyap. I have never seen her or met her in my life. She is does not exist to me," Mafia said. This just broke my heart. I stared at him with my eyes threatening to tear up. "I have gotten solid information on the location of Arohi Kashyap," Patrick said. Mafia's face went pale and Avinash darted his head to me. I lowered my eyes feeling very scared now. "You had me searching London and in fact, the entire of England for Arohi Kashyap and you easily sent her away to India to hide?" Patrick said. Avinash's head moved from me to Patrick in shock. I raised my eyes to look at Mafia and he also didn't look less shocked. "Who told you this?" Mafia asked softly. Patrick scoffed and said, "Why? You didn't think that I would have figured out where she is hiding?" He leaned forward and rested his arms on the table saying, "I am an international officer Raichand. I didn't get here just so. It takes a next level of brains to reach this position." I smirked at his stupidity. Mafia leaned back on his chair satisfied on hearing that he doesn't know my actual location. Patrick stood up and said, "I'll take your leave now. Raichand, my old buddy, thanks for the co-operation." He turned around and looked at me with a small smile for a moment and then walked out. I was looking at him as he left.

"Mr. Joginder Sahni," Mafia called. I turned back to him. "Sit down," he said. I looked at Avinash still looking at me as before and went and sat down opposite Mafia. Avinash stood behind me. "Avinash, please bring a cup of coffee for me," Mafia said and looking at me, he asked, "What will you take?" "Water," I said. My throat was drying with my nervousness and the sudden scare that Avinash gave me a while ago. "Yes sir," he said and walked out. I sat silently in front of Mafia with only two of us in the office. "I need to talk to you," Mafia said. "Tell me," I said. He raised his eyebrows at me surprised and said, "No oh at the beginning! Good!" I remained silent. I was still worried about what Avinash was thinking about me. Mafia cleared his throat and sat back comfortably on his chair. Avinash brought back the two drinks and I gulped down the glass of water in one go. "You're quite thirsty," Mafia said to me. I smiled a bit. "I don't have a habit to beat around the bush and talk so I will come straight to the point. I really don't like you," he said leaving me in awe at his bluntness. "Excuse me?" I said. "I only hired you to work for me because Arohi asked me to. I have no interest of keeping any other secret advisor. I have one secret advisor and she will remain the same. So this what you are trying to do, stop it!" he said. I looked at him with an arched eyebrow and asked, "What am I trying to do?" "Don't act smart Joginder...." he said and I interrupted him saying with a smile, "Jogi." "Excuse me?" he said. "Call me Jogi," I said. He rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever. I was saying that, don't try to involve Uncle Navin and Ananya in this. Keep them out of this." I smirked and leaned forward asking, "Why?" He glared at me and I leaned back saying loudly, "Relax! Just chill! Look, I have no plan like what you are imagining. I seriously only came here to work with you." He narrowed his eyes at me and said, "There are no records of you being anywhere in this country. We have searched many sources and didn't find a single thing! How can that be possible?"