Part 19

Arohi's P.O.V.

Avinash turned around and left and I closed the door. I went and sat at the table and frowned. I will call Danny later and tell him that I can't meet him tomorrow. Dad came and sat at the table. "Where is your sister?" he asked. "She has gone to buy some snacks," I said. He nodded and began to serve the food. I wasn't hungry at all but to make it look like I was alright in front of Dad, I had to eat. While, we were eating our dinner, Ananya came in with two bags in her hand. She rested them on the kitchen counter and sat down at the table exhausted. "Why did you buy so many snacks?" Dad asked. She panted and said, "Oh come on Dad, you are going to eat half of it by yourself. And besides, I want to taste London's snacks. I heard that Deep loves these snacks so I bought them." I looked at her confused and said, "No! Mafia doesn't eat any snacks from outside." She looked at me and said pulling my cheeks, "You don't know anything about Deep. I know him better. He loves these snacks." I looked at her like are-you-serious. She took some food in her plate and began to eat. I got annoyed and dropped my spoon on my plate. Why does she have to play as if she knows Mafia better than me? "Who told you that Mafia likes these snacks?" I asked. "That guy. That snob. What's his name? Avinash!" she said. I looked at her and laughed saying, "Avinash told you this and you believed it? I am telling you, Mafia won't eat any of this." I got up from the table and began to walk to my room. From where she was sitting, she said, challenging me, "Let's see who is right." I smiled and without turning around, I said, "Let's see." I went inside my room and closed the door. I thought of calling Danny and telling him that I can't meet him tomorrow and took up my phone. I tried calling him but his number was busy. I tried again but still it was busy. Who is he talking to? I threw the phone on the bed and went to the window. I stood and allowed the  cold breeze to come in and hit me as I looked at the full moon. I turned around and looked at the time. It was quite late and I decided to go to sleep. I turned off my lights and laid on my bed with the blanket over me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

The next morning, I woke up very early and got ready in Mafia's driver uniform. I left the apartment and went downstairs to wait by the car. After waiting for very long, I began to feel restless. I pulled out my phone and called Danny. "Hello?" he answered in a sleepy voice. "Danny, I can't meet you today. I am sorry. I have to drive for Mafia," I said waiting for his scolding. "What?! But you were supposed to meet with me today," he said disappointed. I frowned and said, "I'm sorry. I promise that if I finish early, I will come and meet you." "Ok," he said in his sleepy voice again. I looked inside the building and saw Mafia coming out with Ananya. "I will call you later," I said and hung up. I stood and looked as Mafia walked outside holding Ananya's hand. I felt a bit annoyed. I looked at Mafia's hand in her and frowned. Looking at Mafia, he looked at me with a smirk. They stood and looked at me. "What are you waiting for?" Ananya asked. I looked at her confused and asked, "What am I waiting for to what?" She looked at me confused and said, "Open the door for us." I then remembered that they were waiting for me to open the door of the car. I quickly opened it and they sat inside. Mafia sat on the left side of the back seat as usual and Ananya sat directly behind me. I adjusted the rear view mirror to see both of them clearly in the backseat and drove off. I kept looking in the mirror and Ananya held onto Mafia's arm rested her head on his shoulder. "Where are we going?" Ananya asked. "It's a surprise," Mafia said smiling. I looked at both of them irritated with their closeness. I looked back on the road but was being forced again and again by my insecurity to look at them. This was suffocating me. Finally, the car in front of me stopped and I also stopped. Atleast I won't have to be with them in the same car. I got out and opened the door for Mafia. When he came out, he looked at me and said, "Come with us." I bent my head and said, "Sorry sir. I can't." Raising one eyebrow, he asked, "Why can't you?"

Before I could say anything else, Ananya came and held onto his hand. My eyes went to their hands and it hurt me strangely. "Shall we?" Ananya asked. Mafia looked at her with a smile and nodded. I looked away from them and they left me there. I dileberately slammed the car door to remove my frustration. All of the bodyguards stood and looked at me. Turning towards the restaurant, Mafia and Ananya had stopped and turned to look at me. Mafia showed amusement at the situation. Then I realised, he is doing all of this on purpose. He wants me to get insecure and confess my feelings! I smirked and looked at him as they turned around and walked inside the restaurant. "Mr. Deep Raichand, the ball is now in my court. Just watch what I will do now," I said with a mischievous smile. I called Danny and told him to come and meet me by the restaurant. After a while, he reached and came to me. "Why did you call me here?" He asked. I smiled and said, "Sarah?" He looked at me confused and said, "But..." I placed my finger on his lip quietening him. "I have my contacts," I said, "The plan is working. She is following you around." I looked behind him and saw that Sarah and one of her friends standing behind a tree and looking at us. "Don't turn around and look but she is peeping at us," I said. He bent his head and smiled. Holding his hand, I said, "Come, let's go inside." Arm in arm and smiles on our faces, we walked inside the restaurant. I smirked thinking about Mafia's reaction on seeing us together. This situation fits perfectly in that proverb, killing two birds with one stone. Mafia would learn his lesson, and Danny's work will be done. Once inside the restaurant, I looked around to see where Mafia and Ananya was sitting and as soon as they caught my eye, I went closer to Danny and hugged him. In that position, I chose to go and sit at a table where Mafia would have a clear view of us. This is going to be so much fun. I sat facing their table and Mafia soon saw me.