Part 63

Deep's P.O.V.

"Let them wait, we're coming," I said and hang up. "What happened?" Arohi asked me. I sighed and rest my phone aside. "Your best friend and his Dad are waiting to meet you," I said frowning. "Danny!" she yelled excited. I looked at her happiness and got a bit jealous. She held my arm and requested, "Please, let's go! I am dying to see him! I haven't met him in so long!" I nodded and drove the jeep. I hate the fact that she keeps meeting Danny but I can't stop her or tell her anything. If I do, she will get angry with me. I looked at her and her face had a brightness. Was she that excited to meet Danny that she doesn't want to spend some extra time with me before we reach back? "You know, I have missed Danny so much! We used to be in the same place at the same time, but I couldn't meet him or talk to him because of my disguise. I even called him once when I was at the temple. Remember? And you took the phone and scolded me," she blabbered making me more irritated. "That's because I had forbidden you from calling anyone. But you didn't listen to me," I said sternly. She looked at me frowning and asked, "Oh! What's wrong with you? Why is your mood so off?" "I am fine," I said. "Liar," she said. "I am not lying!" I yelled. She looked at me surprised. I took a deep breath and said, "Sorry." "It's ok," she said frowning. I could sense that she had felt bad at my tone and I began to feel guilty. "Please don't sit so quietly now. Say something," I said. "What can I say? I was so excited to meet Danny, you have completely spoilt my mood," she said. Again, Danny! I held the steering with my right hand and held her hand with my left. I brought it closer to me and kissed her knuckles. She still didn't smile. I intertwined our fingers together and held it to my chest as I continued to drive. "Deep, drive carefully. Let go of my hand," she said. "Why? Can't I drive with one hand?" I asked smiling. "Of course you can, but you have to concentrate on the road also," she said. I pulled her closer to me and said, "I told you already, I know every turn and corner of this road." She leaned back on her seat and said, "Still."

"Ok madam," I said. I let go of her hand and looked ahead. "You felt bad when I spoke about Danny?" she asked me after a while. "No, why would I?" I asked irritated. "I know you get angry every time I speak about him," she said. I remained silent. "Why do you dislike him so much?" she asked. "I don't trust him," I said. "But why?" she asked. "I have known him since he joined the campus. You have only known him for a little more than a year. I don't trust him because of his past antics," I said. "What such happened?" she asked. "He's a playboy. He makes girls fall in love with him and then break their heart," I said. "I know," she said. I looked at her taken aback. She nodded. "He told me everything and after that, he gave me the choice to be friends with him or leave him," she said. "And you stayed," I said. "Yes, because perhaps the Danny I know, you still are unfamiliar with him. He made it clear that he had no such intention with me. He just wanted a friend. And I also can't forget all that he has done for me," she said. "But he's doing the same with this girl he has right now," I said. She chuckled and said, "No. Not with Sarah. I know him, he really loves her." "A boy like Danny can never fall in love," I said. "That sounds quite familiar. Didn't you say that about yourself?" she asked. "My case is different. I am no playboy," I defended myself. "Really? Before me, how many girls have you had? Can you count?" she asked. I looked at her silently. "I am not denying that I didn't have any girls before. But I always had it clear with them that I will never fall in love with them," I said. "Yeah right!" she said. "I'm serious!" I said. She smiled and held my arm saying, "I know that I am your first love." "But this still doesn't change my opinion about Danny," I said. "At least try and understand him," she said. "That is dependent on me," I said. "You can't do it for me?" she asked with puppy eyes. "I didn't expect this from you Arohi," I said. "What?" she asked. "That you force me to try and get along with someone," I said. 

She rolled her eyes and said, "I am not forcing you. I am requesting." "I know what you are doing," I said. "Ok fine! Don't listen to me! Do your own thing," she said. She turned and looked outside and shook her feet. I knew she was getting restless. I pulled the vehicle over and said, "Get out." Before she could say anything, I got out of the jeep. We were still in the forest. "What happened?" she asked me. "I stopped to stretch my legs and take a rest," I said. "But you don't have to rest. You were only driving," she said. "My eyes are burning. I don't have my sunglasses. I need to give them some ease," I said. "Then why did you come out to stand in the sun?" she asked worried. She came and looked at them. "Shall I drive for a bit?" she asked. I held her hand and said, "No need. We are not far away from the city. And if the police catches us, then along with you, I will land in trouble." "Why is that?" She asked. "Because the jeep doesn't have insurance," I said. "What!" She exclaimed. I nodded. "But still, you are here to save me. You can do anything," she said. "I know that I am your hero. But I am no superhero to save us," I said. "You are no superhero but my Mafia," she said emphasizing mafia. I smiled and hugged her. "I am your Mafia. I love hearing this," I said. She broke the hug and looked at me. "Come, let's go now. If you stand outside for some time longer, your eyes will hurt even more," she said. I smiled and we sat back down. Once I drove off, she began looking in all the small compartments and kits in the jeep. "What are you looking for?" I asked. "Some eyedrops for you," she said. "There are none. I don't keep eyedrops in my vehicles," I said. She stopped and looked at me asking, "Why don't you?" "I don't need eyedrops so why should I keep them in my car?" I said. "But your eyes are hurting. You should keep them for emergencies," she scolded. "But Arohi..." I started but she cut me off saying sternly, "Save it! I don't want to hear. We are stopping off at the pharmacy to buy some eyedrops. And you will keep it in the car." "Yes madam," I said. "Don't joke Deep! You have to take care of your eyes! Do you know how sensitive they can be?" she said.