Part 87

Ananya's P.O.V.

I sat in front of my mirror, combing my hair to go out with Deep for dinner. I was happy for both Arohi and him but my own mind problems was pre-occupying my mind also. I sighed and heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I said softly. Deep opened the door and peeped inside. I stood up and smiled. "Are you ready?" he asked. "Yeah," I said. "Then let's go," he said. I nodded and took up my phone. As we were walking out of the apartment, Dad asked us, "Where are you going?" "Uncle, I am carrying Ananya out for some work. I promise that she will reach back fine," Deep said. "I know that she will. Take your time," he said smiling. As we turned around to leave, Arohi said from behind us, coming out of her room, "Bye." I turned back to her and smiled and we left. We entered the lift and I wasn't in any good mood after the tiff I had with Avinash this morning. I really spoilt my mood. "I'm sure that you will love this restaurant," Deep sir. I looked at him and smiled a bit without saying anything. I looked at my phone and opened the call log. I searched Avinash's name and looked at it. My finger was trembling to press the call button and I turned off the phone frustrated. God knows how he must be. He was so angry this morning. I'm sure that he must have felt bad from my words. The elevator stopped and opened. We stepped outside and I looked ahead with surprise. We weren't on the ground floor. In fact, we were at the very top of the building. The freezing cold breeze was biting my skin as I looked at the small tent set up. There was this long trail of rose petals leading from the lift to the tent. The tent was decorated with red drapes, fairy lights and flowers and looking beautiful. I looked at a smiling Deep confused and asked, "What is all of this about?" He smiled and gave me a signal to look ahead. I looked ahead and saw Avinash standing under the tent with a smile. He began to slowly approach us and everything just began to fade away gradually. He was dashing in his neat, black, three piece suit and gelled hair. He reached me and smiled as he stared at me. "My job is done. Enjoy your dinner," Deep said breaking my stare and began to walk away.

Avinash looked at me and held his hand out for mine. I looked at it hesitantly. When I didn't put mine on his, he came closer to me and held it. His mere touch made me tremble and my heart began to throb in my ribcage. "Come," he said. He walked forward and I followed like his obedient shadow behind. We reached the tent and standing under it, he asked, "Can I dance with you?" I could have only stared at him, still not saying anything. He placed my hand on his shoulder and placed his on my waist. He intertwined our fingers on our other hands and he began to sway without music. "You did all of this?" I asked. "Like it?" he asked. "Why did you do all of this?" I asked. "For you," he said. I stopped moving my feet and looked at him. Holding that same position, he said softly, "I have something to tell you." "Tell me," I said. He broke our position and went down on one of his knee. I stepped back a bit looking at him surprised. "Avinash! What are you doing?" I exclaimed holding his shoulders. He bent his head low and said, "I know that I have a past. A quite bad one too in fact. Perhaps people might have many things to say about me after this because it's not even been a day since I left my wife and I am with you here. But I don't care about what people thinks about me. What bothers me the most is what you might think of me is wrong. I can't handle you misunderstanding me. And I know that this might sound strange but I only found out what you really mean to me last night. I know your simplicity and innocence. Maybe that's why I'm falling uncontrollably crazy in love with you." He looked up at me as I froze with his confession. "I am a human. And humans make mistakes. I will not say that I am the most prefect guy for you in this world but I want to become capable enough for you. I can promise you that I can try. And you know very well how seriously I take my promises. I promise that I will never try to change you because I love you just the way you are," he continued. My eyes began to well up seeing him and hearing him. 

"When you became my weakness, I didn't even realise. Or maybe I did and wasn't ready to accept it. I kept pushing you away from me, that was my stupidity. But now, when my eyes are open, I can see who I want in my future, or in fact, whom I want to make my future with," he said and looked up at me. He opened his arms and looked at me with his eyes sparkling, "Will you accept me?" I stood and looked at him speechless. "My knee is hurting," he said. I smiled. He chuckled and asked, "Will you?" I turned around and wiped away the moisture in my eyes. "You have said a lot of big things Avinash. Spending your life with me, is not as easy as it seems. You have to be prepared," I said bowing my head. He stood up and came closer to my back. "I am ready, without doubt," he said. I turned back to him with a smiled and said, "I'm sorry." He rested his finger on my lips and shushed me. "I just want to hear one thing," he said, "I love you." I looked behind his glasses into his eyes. I slowly raised my hands and removed his glasses showing his beautiful eyes. "Mr. Avinash, I love you," I said. He smiled with joy and looked at me. "I love you too," he said. I smiled and hugged him tightly as he wrapped back his arms around me. I finally got what I wanted. I got my love. I got Avinash.