Part 76

Avinash's P.O.V.

I reached back my apartment and sat on my sofa. I covered my face in my palms tired as hell. I didn't have a drop of energy left in me. I leaned back my head and closed my eyes. Soon, two hands came and began rubbing my head and I opened my eyes and moved away quickly. I looked and saw Sonia smiling. She came and sat next to me and said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that. I should trust you. After all, it's me that you love. You might just be friends with Ananya but she can't take the place that I hold in your heart, right?" "And if she does?" I asked. "She can't. You're a one woman man. And I'm your woman," she said. She wrapped her hands around me and rested her head on my shoulder. I began to feel a bit uncomfortable and I didn't understand why but I couldn't stand her closeness. I held her hands and removed them. She looked at me and I said, "I have some work to complete. You should go and sleep." "On one condition," she said. "What?" I asked. "You will come soon and sleep," she said. "I'll see," I said. "No! You have to come! It's a wife's order!" she said. I nodded only so that she would leave me alone. She planted a kiss on my cheek and got up and went away. I sat on the couch feeling like I was cheating on something. I had an uneasy feeling. But why? Why does it feel wrong when Sonia comes close to me? I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. I remembered the doctor's words from the garden. I closed my eyes pushing myself into complete darkness. I waited and after a while, a smiling face came in front of me. Ananya was standing in front of me smiling brightly as ever. I opened my eyes and realised that my heart beat began to get fast. This can't be true. I can't see Ananya. I got up and left my apartment. I decided to talk to Deep sir about my confusion. As I was about to enter his apartment, I remembered that he was with Arohi. I went downstairs and opened the door. They both were talking and their words stopped my feet.

"Do you think Avinash will thinks like us?" Arohi asked. "I know him very well," Deep sir said. "But he's too stubborn," Arohi said. "He's not stubborn. He's afraid," Deep sir said, "Do you know why he calls me Deep sir and not Deep despite being my best friend?" "Why?" she asked. "When he came back after he left, he was completely a stone. He didn't have any feelings inside him. Before, he used to call me Deep but Sonia's deceit made me his boss alone and he began calling me sir," he said. "When I saw how he began to change around Ananya, I got back the hope that I will get back my friend. My best friend. The same friend I lost six years ago," Deep sir said. I felt horrible. I was so caught up in my own problems that I ignored my best friend for so long. "You're right. Even I am seeing the change in him. Otherwise the first Avinash I knew, would he have done all of this for a friend?" Arohi said. "But he doesn't see that Ananya is bringing him back. And this Sonia! She won't leave any chance in pulling him towards her and her lies. I'm sure that she must be planning something," he said. "But Avinash is smart. She won't be able to fool him this time," Arohi said. "This is Avinash's problem. He can easily trust her. She can shed a few tears and melt him," Deep sir said. "Did Avinash ever legally divorce Sonia?" Arohi asked. "No, I'm afraid that she can use this also against Ananya. If she finds out that Ananya is in love with him, God knows what she will do her," Deep sir said. "Let her touch my sister and see. I will break her hands," Arohi said. "You won't have to do anything. Avinash will be enough for her," he said. "But I'm still scared. Not for myself or you, but for Avinash. I am loving this new Avinash. I don't want the old one back. I have found a brother in him. Do you know what this means? I found a shelter. A secure and safe place I can go to with any problem," Arohi said. "I just wish that this time she doesn't break him before leaving," Deep sir said. I left and went back to my apartment with their words roaming in my head. Their worry is justified. I don't know why I felt like they were right.

Sonia cannot be trusted. I can't allow her to hurt Ananya. She has just recovered from a great wound. I don't want to give her any others. I went to my bedroom and saw Sonia sleeping on my bed. Quietly, I went to the cupboard and began opening all the drawers and looking for her medicines or prescription. If she is really ill, she will have some sort of medication. I looked in the entire cupboard and didn't find any of the two. I looked in her bag and still didn't find any sign of medication. She said that she had but where are them? She was even hesitating to send the pictures for Dr. Phillip and when he asked her the names, she began to fake a headache. She didn't want anyone to know about her sickness. These all lead to one point, she is lying! She is faking her sickness to be here. But I have to confirm it. Tomorrow her results are coming out. Thank God I didn't mention this to her. If they are what I am thinking, she would have changed them with money. But she doesn't know anything which means that her truth will be out tomorrow. It will be confirmed if she is lying or telling the truth. I looked at her sleeping peacefully and said in my mind, "Sleep as peaceful as you want tonight because if your reports come clear tomorrow, you won't be able to sleep in peace for the rest of your life." I went outside and opened my laptop and began preparing.