Part 49

Deep's P.O.V.

We four sat in the car. Rajiv and Avinash sat in the back and Arohi sat in the passenger seat while I drove. "Raichand I must admit, if I was a girl, I would have done anything for you to fall in love with me! You are breaking the oath you gave your father just to protect a girl you have known for a year? That's a new milestone of love! What a lovestory!" Rajiv said. This man was making my blood boil with the passing second. But I had to control my anger. Arohi's life was in his hands. He still hasn't turned on the bomb but he has the remote and can do so anytime. I looked at Arohi playing with her fingers nervously and I held onto them with my left hand and my next hand steering the car. She looked at me with a small smile and held my hand on her's. Soon enough, we reached the auditorium and got out. "See you on stage Raichand!" Rajiv said and left. I looked around surprised because all of the media and press were here. They all gathered around Rajiv and began bombarding him with questions. I looked at Arohi and saw her hugging her body. It was very early in the morning and the coldness was too much. I didn't even have my blazer to give her. I went and hugged her from the side and held her close to me. Avinash came to us and took out his blazer. Going to the back of Arohi, he placed it on her shoulders, covering her body. "I don't need this," she said modestly. "Keep it. It is freezing. And besides, if the media sees the bomb jacket, it can cause a great controversy," he said. "He's right. Keep it on," I said and looked at him. He frowned. Arohi clutched onto the jacket and pulled it tightly over her body. I looked up at the sign at the top of the building saying, 'Raichand Auditorium.' "Soon that's going to be Singh," I said frowning. Arohi held onto my arm and smiled. "I like Raichand better," she said. I gave her a kiss on her hairline and we walked towards the building.

Avinash walked in front of us clearing the way and as we approached closer to the building, all of the reporters came running to me and asking questions as to why I called such a meeting without any notice beforehand. "No comments," I said as I held Arohi and walked through them. They all continued asking questions and clicking their pictures with the cameras which flash was blinding. Finally, we got pass them and went inside. We went to the auditorium and stood at the door. Arohi came and held my arm and asked, "Are you sure that you want to do this?" I held her hand and said, "Come with me." I carried her to a private corner and held her shoulders, looking into her frightful eyes. "Do you trust me?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded. "Arohi, if anything else was at stake, I wouldn't have given up the empire but you are at stake this time! Rajiv took advantage of my biggest weakness! I can give up everything just to save you. I can't lose you again. This time I won't be able to survive without you," I said. She didn't waste a second and hugged me tightly. Breaking the hug, she tiptoed and planted a kiss on my cheek leaving me taken aback. "Go on my hero, I am with you. Even if by the end of the day you are left without a single penny, I will still stand by you," she said to me. With that, I felt as if I had gotten back all my confidence and strength. I was revived. She smiled at me and intertwined our fingers together. Standing by my side, she said, "Let's go." I took a deep breath and we walked back to Avinash and entered the auditorium. I walked on the stage with both of them and looked at everyone. Amongst them were, Vishal, Mr. Rajin and Rajiv who was sitting in the first row. He had a million dollar smile on his face which was now no longer bothering me because of Arohi. I looked at Mr. Rajin looking at him with disgust in his eyes and anger on his face. I knew that he wanted the empire for Rajiv but perhaps he never expected that Rajiv would achieve it like this. I stood at the podium and looked at the crowd.

"Good morning everyone," I started but Rajiv stood up saying, '"Wait!" Everyone looked at him. "Raichand, you are going to make such an important announcement. Don't the world want to know as well? This is why I called the press! So that you can announce it in front of them as well," he said and turned around. He gave a signal to a man at the back and he left. "What are you doing Rajiv? Why are you disrupting Deep?" Mr. Rajin asked sternly. He smiled and said, "Relax Dad, just a minute." He turned back at the door and all of the reporters who were outside came inside. He turned back and looked at me on the stage. "Go ahead!" he said. I was about to reply him but he took out the remote for the bomb and played with it in his hand, warning me silently. I frowned. "I welcome all of you present here and thank you for coming on such short notice. I have an important and lifechanging announcement to make," I said. Everyone sat and looked at me silently. "I have decided to step down from the position of leader of the Raichand Empire," I said with a heavy heart. Everyone began whispering to themselves. "I know that this must be surprising to you all but due to some personal reasons, I have to resign," I said. One of the shareholders stood up and said, "Well since you have made this decision, I advise that Mr. Rajin, as the longest shareholder and the wisest of everyone, he should be made the head." I looked at the frown on Mr. Rajin's face and turned my eyes to Rajiv. He shook his head saying no playing with the remote in his fingers. "I agree with you, but, I have chosen someone else already," I said. "Who?" Vishal asked me standing up. I looked at Rajiv and called his name. Everyone was shocked. "I have chosen him to take my place as the head of the empire," I said. "We won't allow this!" Mr. Rajin said standing up disagreeing with me. Rajiv looked at him shocked and disappointed. Everyone followed him and began disagreeing with me. I looked at them all silently.